Great Debate Rebirth - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Great Debate Rebirth

Moderator: Football Moderators

Great Debate Rebirth

Postby Warpigs » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:57 am

I haven't been able to track down Bennett4Prez to finalize plans for our Great Debates forum, and don't want to lose any more of the offseason if we can help it. So, for now, I want to re-introduce the Great Debates in the style originally proposed by B4P a year ago. His inspiration for the forum was from Around the Horn, on ESPN.

Ultimately, we'll have set debators each week, with a winner being crowned via cafe vote by the end of each week. The winners will get together for a championship debate each month. I have some cafe artists working on a championship banner at this time.

So, we need cafe members who are willing to commit to debating on a rotating schedule. I hope to get a minimum of eight (two per week), with a maximum of 16 (four per week). You would debate one week and then not again until your group comes again (around three to four weeks later). The winner each week will converge in the month's championship debate.

So, let me know if you are interested in being a regular debator at the Great Debates. Just PM me or reply here.

Also, sorry for the double post (General Talk and Great Debates forum), but with this, I wanted to reach as many cafe members as possible.

Thanks!
WP
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:06 am

Well I'm not for sure, but the person known as B4P is not around at the moment...So that might be why you can't get in contact with him. :-?

As for the Debates, it'll be good to start up again either after the draft and/or a month or two before the season. There'll be a lot of good fodder for the forum during those times. I am not sure that I would throw my hat into the ring with all the other fantasy stuff/trips I am taking, but I'm sure some of these others are up to the challenge. ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:37 am

well, the thing is, once I leave my dorm, my posting will rocket downward incredibily fast... due to the lack of competent internet at home. If its a slow procedure, I might be interested, but its my understanding that this is a more quick-paced event.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Warpigs » Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:11 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:Well I'm not for sure, but the person known as B4P is not around at the moment...So that might be why you can't get in contact with him. :-?

As for the Debates, it'll be good to start up again either after the draft and/or a month or two before the season. There'll be a lot of good fodder for the forum during those times. I am not sure that I would throw my hat into the ring with all the other fantasy stuff/trips I am taking, but I'm sure some of these others are up to the challenge. ;-D

It will definitely be a process. We need to get our debator lineup set first, and then get into the actual debating. It will take some time, so I was thinking sometime after the draft by the time we get things around.
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Return to General Talk