Henry to... Philly? Wait, what? Maybe. (Now TB also) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Henry to... Philly? Wait, what? Maybe. (Now TB also)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:10 pm

this would be absolutely horrible. still crossing my fingers for arizona ;-)
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Henry to... Philly? Wait, what? Maybe.

Postby RayVins » Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:33 am

no1cowboysfan wrote:
Eagles | Interested in Bills' Henry? - from http://www.KFFL.com
Thu, 14 Apr 2005 15:56:50 -0700

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the Philadelphia Eagles have shown interest in Buffalo Bills RB Travis Henry. The Bills have phoned the Eagles on more than one occasion, but Henry's interest in a new contract could kill a potential trade from coming about. While the Bills are looking for a second-round draft choice, they would probably take a third-round or even a fourth-rounder that could move up to a third-rounder based off of incentives.

gross...
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby maddog60 » Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:52 am

Ooh, the idea of Henry in those dive and short yardage situations sounds good to me. and for a 3rd rounder, or heck, just our 31st in the 2nd, wow, that's better value than we could hope to draft then. Crosses-fingers. (Screw fantasy football, I'm rooting for my team first, then my fantasy team).
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Evolution » Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:53 am

cooleyhigh wrote:NO, NO and NO!!! I own Westy and picked up Henry in my dynasty this shall not be allowed to happen.

Henry is worth a 2nd rounder because he comes at around 5 million dollars cheaper than SA or Edge. If he refuses to play out his contract thus negating any trades he deserves to rot on the Bills bench :-t

5 million cheaper for about 1 season. Then Henry proves he's worth money, and will draw only about 1 mil a season cheaper than those guys.
[b][url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=224384]What happened to Evo?[/url][/b]
Evolution
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby PSU All Day » Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:21 am

If Henry proves he is worth the money then that is a good thing. I had been wondering why the Eagles hadn't looked at Henry. This would be great for them.
PSU All Day
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby maddog60 » Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:15 am

Evolution wrote:
cooleyhigh wrote:NO, NO and NO!!! I own Westy and picked up Henry in my dynasty this shall not be allowed to happen.

Henry is worth a 2nd rounder because he comes at around 5 million dollars cheaper than SA or Edge. If he refuses to play out his contract thus negating any trades he deserves to rot on the Bills bench :-t

5 million cheaper for about 1 season. Then Henry proves he's worth money, and will draw only about 1 mil a season cheaper than those guys.

Or the Eagles work out a new contract with him as part of the trade, because that happens frequently. They'd want to have him on contract for more than one year.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby no1cowboysfan » Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:11 pm

Buccaneers | Interested in Bills' Henry - from http://www.KFFL.com
Fri, 15 Apr 2005 09:35:12 -0700

Roger Mills, of the St. Petersburg Times, reports Tampa Bay Buccaneers general manager Bruce Allen said he contracted the Buffalo Bills about the possibility of working out a trade to land RB Travis Henry. Henry's agent, Hadley Engelhard, said he has talked with the Buccaneers and anticipates additional conversation. Should the Buccaneers work out a trade to land Henry, it could greatly alter their plans for the first round of the NFL Draft.

Wow... Henry's getting more attention now than an 8 year old boy at the Vatican.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby RayVins » Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:35 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:

Roger Mills, of the St. Petersburg Times, reports Tampa Bay Buccaneers general manager Bruce Allen said he contracted the Buffalo Bills about the possibility of working out a trade to land RB Travis Henry. Henry's agent, Hadley Engelhard, said he has talked with the Buccaneers and anticipates additional conversation. Should the Buccaneers work out a trade to land Henry, it could greatly alter their plans for the first round of the NFL Draft.

Wow... Henry's getting more attention now than an 8 year old boy at the Vatican.

or the neverland ranch...
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:00 pm

RayVins wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:

nice :-)

man...id like to see him in TB even more than arizona. please oh please ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:45 am

deluxe_247 wrote:
RayVins wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:

nice :-)

man...id like to see him in TB even more than arizona. please oh please ;-D

I don't know... in TB I could still see him in RBBC with Pittman...

And in Philly, obvious RBBC with Westy.

Best situation is Ari... for both parties. Henry is undisputed starting RB with a semi-good line, and Arizona gets to spend its first pick on a CB, rather than a RB.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk