ODotW: Part 8, RESULTS - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

ODotW: Part 8, RESULTS

Moderator: Football Moderators

ODotW: Part 8, RESULTS

Postby MeShawn » Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:46 pm

From the other poll, Gonzo won (slightly), so we'll put him #1 and Gates #2 since that's the majority opinion at the cafe, though I tend to disagree

1. Gonzalez
2. Gates

-------------
3. Heap
-------------
4. Crumpler
5. Witten

-------------
6. Shockey
-------------
7. D Clark
8. Winslow
9. McMichael
-------------
10. Wiggins

Close, but not quite top 10: E Johnson, Franks

Green = Tie

I broke the voting up into MANY tiers so you could get a better idea where the big gaps were in the averages.

---------------------------------

Offseason Discussion of the Week

Part 1: 2nd Tier RB's, RESULTS
Part 2: Fantasy Defenses, RESULTS
Part 3 (courtesy of J2thez): 2nd Tier WR's, RESULTS
Part 4: Randy Moss vs. Terrell Owens
Part 5: Antonio Gates vs. Tony Gonzalez
Part 6: K Jones vs J Jones vs S Jackson vs T Bell, RESULTS
Part 7: Top 10 QB's, RESULTS
Part 8: Top TE's
Sig courtesy of madaslives911.
MeShawn
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mtryanks12 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:51 pm

;-D ;-D
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:52 pm

I don't understand the love for Heap. Can someone explain it to me? Why is he head and shoulders (2 tiers) above Shockey?

This might be the wrong thread, but obviously a lot of the cafe feels that he is the undisputed #3 TE behind Gonzalez and Gates and I would like to know why exactly you guys feel that way.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby ljthockey » Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:58 pm

Solid rankings I love these things :-) ;-D
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Nilmerf » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:02 pm

I also don't get why Heap is the undisputed third. Terrible QB, a hot new WR, and coming off an injury. I like Crumpler and Witten just as much because they're number one targets, and had great seasons.
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby joshyboy72 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:13 pm

Although I ranked Heap third in mine, no way did I have him as the undisputed third. For me, it was a very tough decision between him and Witten...finally went with Heap, because as long as he can stay healthy and Jamal is back, plus Mason, that offense should be rolling (plus plenty of good field position from that defense) so Heap should see a lot of red zone action. Witten as a very close 4th.

Nice job once again MeShawn. ;-D
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby UNDEFEATED » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:00 pm

Meshawn,

These ODOTW's are the $hiiieeeeeet! !+)

BTW....How is my team doing in the Bonanza League? Who is in the 'ship. Deluxe and_______

I stopped dating this girl and i was using her Yahoo account to run my Bonanza league. And its not really time for me to start talking to her yet. Kinda sucks that it happened during the playoffs and championships. :~( crying for my team not the girl.

I am sure that she will give me back control of the team later...and might even set the rosters a couple times. But i am thinking about next season.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:07 pm

joshyboy72 wrote:Although I ranked Heap third in mine, no way did I have him as the undisputed third. For me, it was a very tough decision between him and Witten...finally went with Heap, because as long as he can stay healthy and Jamal is back, plus Mason, that offense should be rolling (plus plenty of good field position from that defense) so Heap should see a lot of red zone action.

very good explanation.

dont forget heap is bollers favorite target. heap is the teams leading WR. shockey is adapting to a new qb..and witten will have a completely new qb. crumpler has ron mexico throwing to him. i think heap will benefit from mason's presence this year. he will take some pressure off..and if anything give the ravens' offense more of a chance to stay on the field.

i dont think he is head and shoulders above those other guys, but i do believe he is where he should be on the chart at #3 (though i think he can even end up #2). he has potential to be a monster if boller starts clicking.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MeShawn » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:18 pm

UNDEFEATED wrote:Meshawn,

These ODOTW's are the $hiiieeeeeet! !+)

BTW....How is my team doing in the Bonanza League? Who is in the 'ship. Deluxe and_______

I stopped dating this girl and i was using her Yahoo account to run my Bonanza league. And its not really time for me to start talking to her yet. Kinda sucks that it happened during the playoffs and championships. :~( crying for my team not the girl.

I am sure that she will give me back control of the team later...and might even set the rosters a couple times. But i am thinking about next season.

LOL, a little off topic, but I'll answer your question.

Ironhorse and I are in the finals this week. Deluxe was knocked out last week by Ironhorse. After the first few days, I'm losing 4-8. We hope to have you back next season. ;-D

Well, that's enough of that little tangent. ;-7
Sig courtesy of madaslives911.
MeShawn
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Evolution » Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:41 am

joshyboy72 wrote:Although I ranked Heap third in mine, no way did I have him as the undisputed third. For me, it was a very tough decision between him and Witten...finally went with Heap, because as long as he can stay healthy and Jamal is back, plus Mason, that offense should be rolling (plus plenty of good field position from that defense) so Heap should see a lot of red zone action. Witten as a very close 4th.

Nice job once again MeShawn. ;-D

This was the same for me, although I did have Crumpler 4th I believe. The #3 through #5 TEs are interchangeable for me.
[b][url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=224384]What happened to Evo?[/url][/b]
Evolution
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to Football Talk