ODotW: Part 8, RESULTS - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

ODotW: Part 8, RESULTS

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Santacruzer » Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:04 am

deluxe_247 wrote:dont forget heap is bollers favorite target. heap is the teams leading WR. shockey is adapting to a new qb..and witten will have a completely new qb. crumpler has ron mexico throwing to him. i think heap will benefit from mason's presence this year. he will take some pressure off..and if anything give the ravens' offense more of a chance to stay on the field.

i dont think he is head and shoulders above those other guys, but i do believe he is where he should be on the chart at #3 (though i think he can even end up #2). he has potential to be a monster if boller starts clicking.

My thoughts exactly.

A couple of other things.....

I think that Baltimore will have a better chance of getting into the redzone and scoring than Dallas or the Giants, giving Heap a few more TD posibilities.

Has Shockey shown up to the team for offseason workouts yet?
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MadScott » Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:32 pm

Kensat30 wrote:I don't understand the love for Heap. Can someone explain it to me? Why is he head and shoulders (2 tiers) above Shockey?

This might be the wrong thread, but obviously a lot of the cafe feels that he is the undisputed #3 TE behind Gonzalez and Gates and I would like to know why exactly you guys feel that way.
I think the voting/ranking probably skewed these ratings more than the actual drop off in talent between these two. Just my .02 but maybe the tiering shouldn't be part of this discussion but rather a simple compilation of the rankings.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Sixxgunn » Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:22 pm

Am I to understand that these things are based on how the Cafe members rated them?That many people ranked Winslow in the top ten,without ever really seeing him play?Crazy in my book.Wiggins deserves to be higher in my opinion.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Gunslinger » Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:47 pm

I had the same mentality for #3-#5 (Witten, Crumpler, Heap). I just gave the 2 guys that played all year last year the benefit of the doubt. No sense bumping them down until I see Heap actually playing. But it wouldn't surprise me at all to see Heap end up #3 (or higher). I do think that Gates will come back down to earth somewhat, but I still expect he and Gonzo to battle for supremecy.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:51 pm

I am not all that surprised to see Gonzo ahead of Gates here and I would draft them in that way. Gates had an amazing season, but has not shown that he can do it for the long haul like Gonzo has...

Only other real surprise i see is Heap at #3..I think he has a ton of potential, but Crumpler is who I would peg there.

He is Vick's #1 target and has been performing without the injury tag Heap acquired last year...But solidly for a top 5 that is pretty good.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Santacruzer » Sat Apr 16, 2005 2:05 am

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:Only other real surprise i see is Heap at #3..I think he has a ton of potential, but Crumpler is who I would peg there.

He is Vick's #1 target and has been performing without the injury tag Heap acquired last year...But solidly for a top 5 that is pretty good.

Your wrong there. Peerless Price was targeted 106 times last year, for 26.84% of the total passes thrown, while Crumpler only was thrown to 74 times(in 14 games ~=84 prorated over 16 games), for 18.73% of the time. The Difference is Peerless only caught the ball 42.45% of the time! (Alge = 64.86%).

I still like Crumpler, but I would not get too excited over him yet. 5th is still where I would put him.
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:13 pm

Well seeing that you don't get points for how many times you are 'targetted', I don't really buy into that argument too much. Those could have been passes that Price was just the closest WR and Vick got rid of the ball. Also, either the passes were poor or bombs, or that Price couldn't come up with the grab...Where as Crumpler did more often.

Honestly the difference between Heap and Crumpler is not all that much. As I said had Heap not been out for so many games last year, I would put him in at #3. But based on Witten's year, and Crumpler's performance, I would have them ahead of Heap.

Again, the difference is not much, and they are all a tier behind Gonzo and Gates.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:17 pm

if crumpler player under a different qb, that guy would be amazing. i mean he has size and speed, and good hands.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MadScott » Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:46 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:if crumpler player under a different qb, that guy would be amazing. i mean he has size and speed, and good hands.
Agreed but if he was playing on about any other team, there would be more legit receiving threats so his numbers could slide a bit.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mtryanks12 » Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:52 pm

But what if he was on Cleveland, Buffalo, Seattle, Dallas, or another team with bad receiving threats?? He'd probably be more invloved in the offense, I guess.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk