ODotW: Part 8, RESULTS - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

ODotW: Part 8, RESULTS

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby MeShawn » Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:16 pm

mtryanks12 wrote:But what if he was on Cleveland, Buffalo, Seattle, Dallas, or another team with bad receiving threats?? He'd probably be more invloved in the offense, I guess.

How would that make any difference? Atlanta's recievers are nothing to write home about.

Deluxe was saying that if he played with a better QB, he'd have better stats. Cleveland, Buffalo, and Dallas all have awful QB's.

And Seattle has above average receiving threats. D-Jax (top 12 WR), Koren, and one of the better receiving RB's in the game. Plus, they have an above average QB.

I don't see the point you're trying to make. :-?
Sig courtesy of madaslives911.
MeShawn
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Atog » Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:22 pm

It's interesting seeing Shockey fall so much, but i agree with his ranking. Eli seems to forget from time to time that he has a Tight end.
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby mtryanks12 » Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:50 pm

MeShawn wrote:
mtryanks12 wrote:But what if he was on Cleveland, Buffalo, Seattle, Dallas, or another team with bad receiving threats?? He'd probably be more invloved in the offense, I guess.

How would that make any difference? Atlanta's recievers are nothing to write home about.

Deluxe was saying that if he played with a better QB, he'd have better stats. Cleveland, Buffalo, and Dallas all have awful QB's.

And Seattle has above average receiving threats. D-Jax (top 12 WR), Koren, and one of the better receiving RB's in the game. Plus, they have an above average QB.

I don't see the point you're trying to make. :-?

I persoanlly think that Seattle has a very talented offense, but it's not functioning properly. They're doing the right thing by giving the ball to SA 20-30 times each game, but I don't think the passing offense is set up very well. I personally think thair passing game would succeed if it was west-coast based. Thir receivers have some good speed, but so-so hands, so I think they would excel like that.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby LT Blue Colt » Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:19 pm

Nilmerf wrote:I also don't get why Heap is the undisputed third. Terrible QB, a hot new WR, and coming off an injury. I like Crumpler and Witten just as much because they're number one targets, and had great seasons.

I gotta agree with the Canadian Cowboy on this one. The factors all add up. ;-D
LT Blue Colt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Santacruzer » Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:31 am

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:Well seeing that you don't get points for how many times you are 'targetted', I don't really buy into that argument too much.

No you don't get points for Targets, but you called Crumpler the No 1 target. I was simply saying that was inaccurate.

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:Those could have been passes that Price was just the closest WR and Vick got rid of the ball. Also, either the passes were poor or bombs, or that Price couldn't come up with the grab...Where as Crumpler did more often.

That's what I said. Price caught only 42.45% of the time, while Crumpler caught 64.86%. It's hard to say if it's Ron Mexico's fault, or Price's fault, but I believe that Price's Catch percentage is the worst among starting WRs.

So, Crumpler is Vicks most dependable guy. :-)
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:53 pm

Cool, good call. I should have phrased differently ;-D
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby cruiz03 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:56 am

Shockey went in last year in the top 3 and now he is 6th. You would think that with a rook QB he would get more looks, but i suppose that's not the case.
cruiz03
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Football Talk