Did anyone watch the Coture-Lidell fight? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Did anyone watch the Coture-Lidell fight?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Did anyone watch the Coture-Lidell fight?

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:27 am

I cant find results anywhere... :-#
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:05 am

Here you go...Chucky beat Randy this time! ;-D

eWrestling News wrote:Chuck Liddell def. Randy Couture
Summary: This is the one that everyone paid to see. The two "legendary coaches" from the SpikeTV reality show, "The Ultimate Fighter" produced by the UFC will battle it out in the octagon in a rematch from their UFC 43 fight to determine the undisputed Light Heavyweight champion of the world. Couture came in shredded as usual, despite coming in at 41 years old. Liddell came in looking his usual self, in pretty good shape but soft in the middle. Liddell came in looking very relaxed though, and started the first round of aggressive. He wasn't as shy about letting his hands go as he was the first time, proving truth to the theory that he was timid in letting his hands go the first time they fought because he didn't want to give up the takedown. This time, realizing he's probably going to be taken down at some point anyway, he let his hands fly and never had to worry about the ground, except for when he jumped on Couture on the ground with two devestating punches to finish up what was an incredible knockout victory. Liddell caught Couture very hard and flush with a left hand that stunned "The Natural." Liddell being the finishing type fighter that he is, followed immediately with a crushing hook that viciously dropped Couture, and then followed it up with two more punches once Couture was already out, for the referee stoppage. Chuck Liddell is the new 205 lb. Light Heavyweight champion of the Ultimate Fighting Championship.

Full results here:
http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/cgi-bin/h ... 6615.shtml
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guttpuppy » Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:37 pm

Man, I totally forgot about this fight, I wonder if it will be online anytime soon?

Thanks for the update. !+)
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby portisfan24 » Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:03 pm

It wasnt a great fight. It was pretty even until Liddell landed a huge haymaker and knocked out Couture like 2 minutes in. Most of the undercards were better than the main event.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kashikis » Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:09 am

Here's the punch if anyone cares

!+)
No really, I'm not having a bad day.

What the hell.... is goin' on.... in the NFL?!
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:43 am

Holy crap!!!! Awesome video find kash! ;-D ;-D !+) :-o
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby MadScott » Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:52 pm

Yeah, thanks for the vid Kash! Wicked punch and finish man. Lidell is actually from my college town. I've met the dude and he ain't one to mess with.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby black_hawk8888 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:29 pm

Dang, that is hard to watch. His head snaps around like a rag doll when that dude is on top just beating the living crap out of him.....
Major props to the sig master. Deluxe is da man!
black_hawk8888
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Still staring in horror as Palmer's knee buckles on the 2nd snap of the game...

Postby Canacuna » Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:41 pm

Wish I could have caught the fight - couldn't get enough of my friends interested to chip in...

Thanks for the video, kash! Nice punch...
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Guttpuppy » Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:44 pm

Nice find kash, dude's jaw got rocked. !+)
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to General Talk