Culver's - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Culver's

Moderator: Football Moderators

Culver's

Postby PackerAttack84 » Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:01 pm

I was just wondering if anyone here has ever been to or heard of Culver's? They are a fastfood resturant, but it takes like 5 minutes to get your food. They are famous for Butterburgers and Frozen Custard. The first Culver's was built in Sauk City, Wisconsin, about an hour northwest of Madison. Now they have over 285 different locations in 15 states. They are most wide spread over the Great Lakes region, but do have locations in: Colorado Springs, Cheyenne, Dallas, Austin, San Antonio and Kansas City.

PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:03 pm

Never heard of it...but that bacon cheeseburger looks pretty dang good!!! ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby ljthockey » Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:04 pm

I have one close to my house (omaha, Nebraska) I personally hate there food I dont like the butterburgers but there custards are great. If you like the food I can see where your coming from alot of my friends and family love that place but I cant stand it
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby ravage » Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:08 pm

Fastfood is not an accurate term to use for Culver's. You order, get your number, sit down, and your food is delivered. It's made fresh not held in a bin somewhere.

Anyway I like Culver's but you can get tired of their burgers shortly. A bit expensive.

Great shakes. Made with custard, not ice cream. Their fish fry is my favorite and I don't really care for fish.

My wife was born just a few minutes from Sauk City where Culver's was born.
ravage
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby mtryanks12 » Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:13 pm

I'm from new england, so there are no Culver's here. All we have are McDonalds, Burger King, the occasional wendy's and KFC.

Just a question: Has anyone here ever been to Popeyes? It's a chicken restaurant in the south, and mid-atlantic down. There chicken and biscuits are so good, that I miss the restaurant and always go there when I go back to my old house in maryland. yummmm
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby ljthockey » Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:21 pm

I didnt think Popeyes was rare Mtr :-?

It might be but I know we have them here and there in Missouri to. I like Popeyes more than KFC
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby mtryanks12 » Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:27 pm

I never said they were rare. I agree, they're much better than KFC> Before I moved to CT, me and my friends would play po ker (filter) and our currency would be popeyes biscuits. I would try extra hard to win because of their greatness.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:47 pm

We have one by us (Texas) but I have never been..One of these days! Funny I think we are going on Thursday.
Last edited by SwiperNoSwiping on Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CKY_ROX » Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:55 pm

Popeyes chicken is amazing. There not that common, like there not at every corner like McDicks. You kinda gotta go outa your way, but its well worth it. They seem to locate in the (sorry if im offending anyone, its just sonehting tha tive noteced) poorer areas of toronto. The chicken is amazing

I DO NOT LOVE TOM!!!!!
CKY_ROX
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 5)

Postby PackerAttack84 » Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:59 pm

Madison actually just got 2 new Popeye's, I love their food, minus thier mashed potatoes which are just disgusting!
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk