vikings RUMORED to trade #7 AND #18 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

vikings RUMORED to trade #7 AND #18

Moderator: Football Moderators

vikings RUMORED to trade #7 AND #18

Postby treat24 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:50 am

The Vikings are rumored to be interested in dealing the #7 and #18 picks to trade up into the top three.
They are one of the only teams with the luxury to consider this. Minnesota would be likely to draft Mike Williams or Braylon Edwards with a move up. Apr. 17 - 2:42 pm et
Source: St. Paul Pioneer Press

NO, NO, NO!!!

i'm all for going after one of those wide outs but don't trade both picks!!!
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby no1cowboysfan » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:58 am

Not that I am agreeing with thisin any way, shape or form,

but sometimes, you have to "Pay the cost to be the boss."

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Vikes Rule 88 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:47 am

we need to move up into the top 3 and grab DJ. He is exactly what we need.

need a sig? PM me
Vikes Rule 88 Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby kevinoc81 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:49 am

Vikes Rule 88 wrote:we need to move up into the top 3 and grab DJ. He is exactly what we need.

DJ might be there at 7. Why would you want to trade both your picks to get to #3 and draft a guy who might be there at #7. I think Minny needs to keep both their picks.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Vikes Rule 88 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:57 am

kevinoc81 wrote:
Vikes Rule 88 wrote:we need to move up into the top 3 and grab DJ. He is exactly what we need.

DJ might be there at 7. Why would you want to trade both your picks to get to #3 and draft a guy who might be there at #7. I think Minny needs to keep both their picks.

Well, i dont know if we need to trade up but i meant if we do we HAVE to take DJ. Plus, i dont want to hope that he is there, and have him gone. I really think the vikings have lost sight of what wins championships...

need a sig? PM me
Vikes Rule 88 Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:53 am

I think they have a better shot at grabbing DJ there at #7 than getting either WR there. I think that is why they have to trade up if they want a WR. Both picks is rough though.

Maybe if they can throw in a 2nd rd (not sure what they have else to give) it would soften the blow a bit. Miami sure could use an extra pick.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kevinoc81 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:01 am

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:I think they have a better shot at grabbing DJ there at #7 than getting either WR there. I think that is why they have to trade up if they want a WR. Both picks is rough though.

Maybe if they can throw in a 2nd rd (not sure what they have else to give) it would soften the blow a bit. Miami sure could use an extra pick.

If you are implying that Minny gives up the #7 and #18 for Miami's #2 and second rounder remember that Miami doesn't have a second rounder (A.J. Feely).

Personally I think that deal sucks for Minny. I would take DJ at #7 (if Edwards and Williams were gone) and take Williamson/Clayton/R. White (their highest rated that's left) at #18. Personally, I don't think they need another R. Moss. They will now be a more balanced team with a good offense and a good defense instead of a great offense and a bad defense.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kashikis » Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:12 am

I think Swiper was saying Minny gives up their 7th overall and a 2nd rounder for moving up. This would soften the blow for Minny and Miami could use the 2nd rounder because the don't have one.
No really, I'm not having a bad day.

What the hell.... is goin' on.... in the NFL?!
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Goatwhacker » Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:54 am

Hmm, how about this: If Edwards or Williams still around at #4 (which is likely) the Bears trade the #4 for the two Minn picks. That way the Vikes get the WR they want and the Bears will still get one of their "impact" players (M. Williams, Edwards, Brown, Benson, Cadillac). This assumes the two QBs go before #7. Then the Bears get another pick besides to make up for the 3rd round pick they lost. I'd like the Bears side on this, don't know if the Vikes would go for it.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:16 am

So if the Vikes did this to draft say, Mike Williams, that would essentially make the Moss trade:

Moss+#18 pick

for

Williams+Harris

Hahahahahhhaha I hope for laughter's sake that they do this.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Next

Return to Football Talk