Two Sleeper QBs I'm high on... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Two Sleeper QBs I'm high on...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Two Sleeper QBs I'm high on...

Postby no1cowboysfan » Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:58 am

Two guys, Adrian McPherson and Andrew Walter, are two guys I think can make it big in the NFL under the proper coaching, and could both be available in the fourth round.

McPherson could have been a top QB this year had he not been thrown out of FSU. He went to the AFL, where he became the player of the year, despite being the youngest one on the field. He then stayed an extra year in the AFL to show Pro Scouts how he had matured. After his God-like numbers in the AFL, its a wonder if he can transend those abilities to the big time. A freak of an athlete. (I predict he goes to Tennessee in the 3rd)

Andrew Walter was extremely gifted at ASU before a major shoulder injury sidelined him, and sent shivers down the spines of Pro Scouts. Major reconstructive surgery was done, and he preformed decently in his workouts following, but missing so much already has likely scared pro scouts from a #1 overall selection he could have merited. A beastly size with good strength, and has consistantly improved his TD to INT ratio every year he has started. (I believe the Cardinals take a chance on him in the 3rd)

What do you all think of these two?

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby gatorman1122 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:21 pm

McPherson could have been a top QB this year had he not been thrown out of FSU. He went to the AFL, where he became the player of the year, despite being the youngest one on the field. He then stayed an extra year in the AFL to show Pro Scouts how he had matured. After his God-like numbers in the AFL, its a wonder if he can transend those abilities to the big time. A freak of an athlete. (I predict he goes to Tennessee in the 3rd)

;-7 ;-7 ;-7 ;-7
You gotta be kidding me. If you've actually seen any FSU games, McPherson was at best an average QB. As a matter of fact, Chris Rix performed better than McPherson most of the time. In addition to his subpar performance on the field, McPherson also has alot of off-field problems. It takes alot to get thrown out of FSU (a school that is for people who can't get into UF :-b) . However, he still has a slight chance to succeed in the NFL (maybe as a backup QB?).

In case you're wondering, here's the Adrian McPherson article:
http://sportsprof.blogspot.com/2005/04/more-on-adrian-mcpherson.html
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:00 pm

Maybe you have to be high to be high on McPherson? :-°
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby RayVins » Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:32 pm

McPherson is no longer a sleeper. everyone is hyping him after good workouts and a great attitude...

Andrew Walter...ASU, thats all i have to say...
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Bennett4prez » Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:43 pm

McPherson #5 QB. Walter #6 QB. (Behind Smith, Rodgers, Frye, and Campbell)
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby chaindog35 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:11 pm

gatorman1122 wrote:

;-7 ;-7 ;-7 ;-7
You gotta be kidding me. If you've actually seen any FSU games, McPherson was at best an average QB. As a matter of fact, Chris Rix performed better than McPherson most of the time. In addition to his subpar performance on the field, McPherson also has alot of off-field problems. It takes alot to get thrown out of FSU (a school that is for people who can't get into UF :-b) . However, he still has a slight chance to succeed in the NFL (maybe as a backup QB?).

In case you're wondering, here's the Adrian McPherson article:
http://sportsprof.blogspot.com/2005/04/more-on-adrian-mcpherson.html

I don't know about Mcpherson being a top 5 qb in the draft, but he's definitely better than Rix. Rix is terrible.
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby CC » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:38 pm

Neither of these guys is much of a sleeper, but I have been really high on McPherson for a while now. He should be a steal in the 4th for someone (hopefully the Packers).

Keep an eye on Ryan Fitzpatrick from Harvard, he could be a solid NFL player.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mtryanks12 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:59 pm

Also remember that the AFL totally inflates stats, I mean the scores of the games are like 50-60, and 90 percent of the game is passing, actually it might be all passing, not sure. I don't think he's do very well, and he has to be after Orvolusky (sp) in teh draft at the earliest.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby CC » Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:22 pm

Orlovsky is garbage, he will be at career backup at best.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:13 pm

Ive read a number of rumors that have the Lions very interested in McPherson as a 4th rd pick - possibly even 3rd rd. From what Ive read he could go in the late 3rd to a team that jumps for him there.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to Football Talk