Terrell has ADD - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Terrell has ADD

Moderator: Football Moderators

Terrell has ADD

Postby Calyxes » Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:30 pm

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patrio ... ormat=text

Article says that he refused to take his meds while in Chicago. That could expalin his play while he was there. Hopefully the Pats can get him to take it.
Calyxes
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Terrell has ADD

Postby Sixxgunn » Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:48 pm

Calyxes wrote:http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patrio ... ormat=text

Article says that he refused to take his meds while in Chicago. That could expalin his play while he was there. Hopefully the Pats can get him to take it.

ADD stands for Attention Defecit Disorder correct?In Terrell's case it's the lack of attention he was getting,rather than the attention he was paying to things that was his problem.ADD distracts you,makes you unproductive,and as a child can make you very difficult due to frustration.As an adult,it doesn't make you act like a child.You learn to deal with the frustration.It's called growing up.Everybody has something that can be cured with a pill nowadays,and I for one feel 90% of it is nothing but bull.He wanted people to see him,recognize him.When he didn't get that,he became a problem.If he was praised for a good game,he was happy,all smiles.Doctors can claim nearly anyone has ADD anymore,and often do because it's the easy way out.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Santacruzer » Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:06 pm

Not an excuse for bad behaviour, but a reasonable one for not getting through the playbook. That could be a big reason why he has not performed well in the NFL. It takes a lot of work, dedication, and studying to make it in the pros. If you can't sit down and study.... :-t
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:07 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:ADD stands for Attention Defecit Disorder correct?In Terrell's case it's the lack of attention he was getting,rather than the attention he was paying to things that was his problem.ADD distracts you,makes you unproductive,and as a child can make you very difficult due to frustration.As an adult,it doesn't make you act like a child.You learn to deal with the frustration.It's called growing up.Everybody has something that can be cured with a pill nowadays,and I for one feel 90% of it is nothing but bull.He wanted people to see him,recognize him.When he didn't get that,he became a problem.If he was praised for a good game,he was happy,all smiles.Doctors can claim nearly anyone has ADD anymore,and often do because it's the easy way out.

Right on the ball I think. ;-D I mean, I can't vouch for those who have this "disorder," but sometimes I think it's just another name for daydreaming. It's not like this hasn't been around since humans existed...just because they found a PC name for it doesn't mean it's a new problem.

Anyway, if the Pats give him a nice Ritalin bath, I'm sure he'll feel a little better...but I doubt they are going to make him the focus of the offense because of it.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Santacruzer » Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:08 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:Doctors can claim nearly anyone has ADD, and often do because it's the easy way out.

I do agree with you on that point as well. But it can be a real issue for the "few" that are really affected by it.
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Lushcrush » Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:29 pm

Edit:
My bad ...
Edited content:
On a related note, Terrell Owens may suffer from DDD - Dropped During Delivery :-b
Last edited by Lushcrush on Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Goatwhacker » Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:31 pm

There is such a thing as adult ADD, but I don't see how it would cause you to drop passes.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:48 pm

Goatwhacker wrote:

There is such a thing as adult ADD, but I don't see how it would cause you to drop passes.

This sound like a lame excuse to me.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby MadScott » Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:56 pm

Lushcrush wrote:Instead of ADD, Owens may suffer from DDD - Dropped During Delivery :-b
;-D Amen man!
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby awwchrist » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:21 pm

All I have to say is if this guy can't keep his concen....concentration long enough to...

to catch a ball or show up for...

Hmm..look a penny.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk