Terrell has ADD - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Terrell has ADD

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby maddog60 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:47 pm

Lushcrush wrote:Instead of ADD, Owens may suffer from DDD - Dropped During Delivery :-b

You do know they're talking about David Terrell, not TO, right?

Getting back to the correct Terrell, yes ADD may cause problems for concentration, etc, but he refused to take his meds. If ADD had any effect on his game, I certainly have no pity on him, because he chose not to do something about it when he could have.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mtryanks12 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:56 pm

I could see how his ADD affected him on the field if he refused to take his meds. That's probably what hurt him last season. If he can't pay attention, he wouldn't try as hard to catch passes and run good routes as he would if he had taken his meds because other things on his mind could make him distracted and hurt his performance. Hopefully he'll take is meds in NE, or else Belickeck's pickup would be a total waste.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Re: Terrell has ADD

Postby houstonherdfan » Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:55 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:
Calyxes wrote:http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patrio ... ormat=text

Article says that he refused to take his meds while in Chicago. That could expalin his play while he was there. Hopefully the Pats can get him to take it.

ADD stands for Attention Defecit Disorder correct?In Terrell's case it's the lack of attention he was getting,rather than the attention he was paying to things that was his problem.ADD distracts you,makes you unproductive,and as a child can make you very difficult due to frustration.As an adult,it doesn't make you act like a child.You learn to deal with the frustration.It's called growing up.Everybody has something that can be cured with a pill nowadays,and I for one feel 90% of it is nothing but bull.He wanted people to see him,recognize him.When he didn't get that,he became a problem.If he was praised for a good game,he was happy,all smiles.Doctors can claim nearly anyone has ADD anymore,and often do because it's the easy way out.

Actually its now designated as ADHD attention defict hyperactivity disorder. Basically you have very little ability to sit (stand or otherwise be still) still and pay attention for long periods of time, also when required to be inactive for periods of time, you get very jittery which decreases your attention span even more.

There are, however, several medications that can help remedy this disorder. Medications won't do it all, there are mental and physical requirements of the person other than taking the meds as percribed by the physician.
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Calyxes » Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:13 pm

As a teacher of special education, I can tell you that some ADHD is for real and other times it is because of lack of good parenting. When you do have the kid with true ADHD it is very hard for him/her to anything that requires alot of attention. The medicine only helps if the person takes it everyday because it has to build up in your system. I could see how a person with TRUE ADHD would have a hard time trying to digest a NFL playbook.
Calyxes
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 6)

Postby Santacruzer » Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:51 am

And what other kinds of medication do you suggest Calyxes? Perhaps that jar you are "located" :-) ?

I can't see it having anything to do with dropped balls, or anything like that, but I can see it being a problem relating to him studying the playbook, as Calyxes mentioned.
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Sixxgunn » Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:39 am

I have no problem understanding the fact that it may be difficult to study and so forth,I just meant it's no excuse to act like a jackass.His failures on the field were mostly his own fault due to refusing the meds,yet he acted childish towards everyone else,especially the fans when he did fail.That's inexcusable.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Previous

Return to Football Talk