Browns Narrowing Down the #3 Pick... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Browns Narrowing Down the #3 Pick...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:56 pm

If the Brown's take Braylon with the #3, I'd give them about a 75% chance of trading him within 10 picks going off the board. Forget what the Brown's need when you're looking at the #3 overall pick... Braylon is the #1 prospect on MANY teams' draft boards and there will be suitors to trade for him...

Same thing goes for Alex Smith, although I think the Niners are set on taking him #1 overall.

Don't listen to all the rumors that has every single top3 team looking to trade down and yet no one is willing to trade up, they are simply not true IMO. Good chance SF, Miami, or Cleveland trades down or drafts and trades....
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mtryanks12 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:22 pm

Same thing goes for Alex Smith, although I think the Niners are set on taking him #1 overall.

Are you kidding me?? I hope you meant to say Aaron Rodgers. SF is way higher on Rodgers than Smith, and I'd me anazed if tehy went with Alex Smtih 1st overall.[/quote]
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Bottled Aggression » Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:30 pm

Braylon Edwards told Dan Patrick of ESPN today that he thinks he will go to Cleveland.
Bottled Aggression
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby RayVins » Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:05 pm

mtryanks12 wrote:

Are you kidding me?? I hope you meant to say Aaron Rodgers. SF is way higher on Rodgers than Smith, and I'd me anazed if tehy went with Alex Smtih 1st overall.
[/quote]

things change...

49ers | Attention Aimed at Utah's Smith
Mon, 18 Apr 2005 16:51:02 -0700

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports four league sources confirmed NFL Draft prospect QB Alex Smith (Utah) is the top choice for the San Francisco 49ers, who hold the No. 1 pick in the NFL Draft. The 49ers have picked up negotiations with his agent, Tom Condon. If they are unable to secure a deal with him in the coming days, they could then determine to choose him and work out a deal later or turn their attention to a different player.

49ers | Rodgers No Longer Top Choice?
Mon, 18 Apr 2005 16:50:28 -0700

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports San Francisco 49ers officials informed NFL Draft prospect QB Aaron Rodgers' (California) representatives over the weekend that they favor QB Alex Smith (Utah) by a small but definitive margin.
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Azrael » Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:20 pm

I think this is a poor draft to have top picks. Rogers and Smith really don't catch my attention at all.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby mtryanks12 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:20 pm

Woah, that surprises me. It looked like they would og for Rodgers all along. This could greatly influence the miami pick if they decide to go QB.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby RayVins » Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:25 pm

mtryanks12 wrote:Woah, that surprises me. It looked like they would og for Rodgers all along. This could greatly influence the miami pick if they decide to go QB.

yeah well things change. i remember for the longest time before the draft people had cedric benson as a lock to go to miami. and 2 months ago no one outside of maryland had heard of shawne merriman.

this could also be a smoke screen to incite trade betweem them and TB, considering it is well known that TB is looking to draft smith now.
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby portisfan24 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:52 am

Hmm this news comes after the rumoured Miami-Tampa trade so that Tampa could take Alex Smith. Id say its a possible smokescreen.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PSU All Day » Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:38 am

I don't remember who said it but I thought it was a great quote:

April for the NFL should be called national Lieing month. No one tells the truth about what thye are going to do in the draft.
PSU All Day
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby chaindog35 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:45 am

mtryanks12 wrote:Woah, that surprises me. It looked like they would og for Rodgers all along. This could greatly influence the miami pick if they decide to go QB.

If Rodgers doesn't go 1, he's going to free fall. Miami and Cleveland don't like him and he could fall past the cards even. I think cleveland should take smith or braylon depending on who is there. But to be honest, I don't see smith being there. He'll go to either SF or miami.
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk