Browns Narrowing Down the #3 Pick... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Browns Narrowing Down the #3 Pick...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby treat24 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:50 am

gonna be a moot issue... vikes contacted miami today again about #7 and #18 for braylon... i'm believing more and more this thing will happen, though i wish it won't, braylon will be much happier when cpepp is tossing him the ball...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby PSU All Day » Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:49 am

Maybe the Vikings really want D Johnson and are afraid that Cleveland is going to take him 3rd so they need to move up to get him?

This move to go up for a WR in a draft that is deepest at WR (yes and RB) just sounds too stupid even for the Vikings.
PSU All Day
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:30 am

mtryanks12 wrote:
Same thing goes for Alex Smith, although I think the Niners are set on taking him #1 overall.

Are you kidding me?? I hope you meant to say Aaron Rodgers. SF is way higher on Rodgers than Smith, and I'd me anazed if tehy went with Alex Smtih 1st overall.

Rodgers was initially the choice because he was assumed to be much easier to sign with a lower cost (rightly projected). But now word has come out that the Niner's are willing to ensure a lengthy signing process with Smith because they do in fact have him rated higher on their board. Tom Condon is sure to demand Eli type money for Smith (Eli and Peyton are his clients go figure), but the Niner's are being smart in realizing that you don't take the #1 overall prospect just because he's easier to sign. Maybe they've realized Tedford's lack of success in the NFL thus far and don't want to hinge their future on a 6'2" QB even if it costs a lot more, sounds good to me.

Although knowing the Niner's front office, I wouldn't be surprised to see them trade the #1 overall to Philly for their #31 and #35 picks just to save coin. Cheap mofos.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby PSU All Day » Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:36 am

Philly doesn't want the top pick thank you.

It could also be that they know that Alex Smith is the more desired player out there in the world so they could get more offers for the #1 pick if they say that they are leaning towards him.
PSU All Day
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby cardiac cats » Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:30 pm

and by the way, if the vikings trade the 7th and 18th overall picks to Miami for 2nd overall, then they are just idiots... what team in their right mind would do something like that. Sure, braylon is a good WR, but shit mike williams might be there at 7 or if not, there's still T. Williamson(who's great IMO) and a slew of other guys with 1st and 2nd round talent.

I bet ya the vikings could trade the 7th overall and a 3rd and 4th rounder to the dolphins instead; I bet the dolphins would be ecstatic to do that and drop to that seventh slot and also pick up those 2 extra picks.
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby MadScott » Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:14 pm

Kensat30 wrote:
mtryanks12 wrote:
Same thing goes for Alex Smith, although I think the Niners are set on taking him #1 overall.

Are you kidding me?? I hope you meant to say Aaron Rodgers. SF is way higher on Rodgers than Smith, and I'd me anazed if tehy went with Alex Smtih 1st overall.

Rodgers was initially the choice because he was assumed to be much easier to sign with a lower cost (rightly projected). But now word has come out that the Niner's are willing to ensure a lengthy signing process with Smith because they do in fact have him rated higher on their board. Tom Condon is sure to demand Eli type money for Smith (Eli and Peyton are his clients go figure), but the Niner's are being smart in realizing that you don't take the #1 overall prospect just because he's easier to sign. Maybe they've realized Tedford's lack of success in the NFL thus far and don't want to hinge their future on a 6'2" QB even if it costs a lot more, sounds good to me.

Although knowing the Niner's front office, I wouldn't be surprised to see them trade the #1 overall to Philly for their #31 and #35 picks just to save coin. Cheap mofos.

Smith is apparently asking for Eli money plus inflation for his contract. The 49ers are in a tough spot to be sure. They've got an instant PR hit or miss in front of them with Rodgers. If they take him and he makes it, the local product brought them back to prominence. If he craps out, well you should have done your homework and known that Smith was the better pro (assuming that it would turn out as such). Either way, I have little to no faith that the organization will make the right decision. It is very true though that they have Smith rated above Rodgers on their board right now. The other interesting thing that I heard is that they had a sit down with Antrell Rolle and his agent recently which caught my attention. Perhaps a trade could still come down.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby cruiz03 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:25 pm

Wow... I can't wait until draft day. This could be an interesting draft. As much as I like Edwards, I would not give up both picks.

There are some serious stud like WR's in the draft even after Braylon and Williams. Troy Williamson has all the skills and so does Clayton. They could both be there in the Mid 1st round.
cruiz03
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby mtryanks12 » Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:43 am

MadScott wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:
mtryanks12 wrote:

Smith is apparently asking for Eli money plus inflation for his contract. The 49ers are in a tough spot to be sure. They've got an instant PR hit or miss in front of them with Rodgers. If they take him and he makes it, the local product brought them back to prominence. If he craps out, well you should have done your homework and known that Smith was the better pro (assuming that it would turn out as such). Either way, I have little to no faith that the organization will make the right decision. It is very true though that they have Smith rated above Rodgers on their board right now. The other interesting thing that I heard is that they had a sit down with Antrell Rolle and his agent recently which caught my attention. Perhaps a trade could still come down.

I remember hearing yesterday that the 49ers narrowed their draft choices to 3: Smith, Rodgers, and Edwards, at that Rolle was out of the running.

Is this correct?
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Previous

Return to Football Talk