CB Barber to IND? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

CB Barber to IND?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Trainer of Dolphins » Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:26 pm

If this goes down. Does Tampa select a WR with their pick or a CB?
Trainer of Dolphins
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Evolution » Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:01 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:
portisfan24 wrote:hmm interesting. If I were Indy Id ask fr Pittman as well. He can compete with Rhodes. Denver got Bailey and a second for Portis, who is not as good as Edge.

actually, that's not a bad idea. I wonder why Seattle isn't pursuing this trade as well... (not for Ronde, I mean trading SA to get Pittman and compensation).

Because from a Seahawks standpoint, what would we do with Pittman? We wouldnt want to hinder the development of Maurice Morris and have those two split carries or something. If SA stays, then we keep SA at the helm of course.

It's not a bad idea, but it's not a real attractive one either. I dont think Seahawks management is looking to *dump* SA, but they're prepared to negotiate if someone's interested.
[b][url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=224384]What happened to Evo?[/url][/b]
Evolution
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby mtryanks12 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:54 pm

Trainer of Dolphins wrote:If this goes down. Does Tampa select a WR with their pick or a CB?

I still think they'd go RB or WR in the first round, and almost defientely RB if Pittman goes to IND. They can take the CB loss, but are in more need of a quality RB. Although I'm very high on Pittman, they are apparently not.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby RayVins » Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:45 pm

mtryanks12 wrote:
Trainer of Dolphins wrote:If this goes down. Does Tampa select a WR with their pick or a CB?

I still think they'd go RB or WR in the first round, and almost defientely RB if Pittman goes to IND. They can take the CB loss, but are in more need of a quality RB. Although I'm very high on Pittman, they are apparently not.

if this trade goes through i could see TB trading down to WAS.

TB get the 2 1st round picks from WAS and the redskins get the #5 overall as well as a 2nd rounder...

WAS does this to ensure rolle to the skins and TB takes pac man jones with the #9 pick...
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby cruiz03 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:06 pm

I like the trade but don't think it will happen. First off they don't have the cap space to sign Edge.
cruiz03
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:15 pm

i like this deal for both teams. not really a big fan of pittman's so i wouldnt cry to see him sit the bench.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RayVins » Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:29 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:i like this deal for both teams. not really a big fan of pittman's so i wouldnt cry to see him sit the bench.

myself, i am a pittman fan. regardless there is yet another capable RB on TB's roster that was suposed to start that everyone seems to have forgotten about... charlie garner.

before they trade for a RB they need to decide what to do with all of there other ones...
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:36 pm

RayVins wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:i like this deal for both teams. not really a big fan of pittman's so i wouldnt cry to see him sit the bench.

myself, i am a pittman fan. regardless there is yet another capable RB on TB's roster that was suposed to start that everyone seems to have forgotten about... charlie garner.

before they trade for a RB they need to decide what to do with all of there other ones...

yeah i didnt forget about garner...i actually like him more than pittman. its a shame he got hurt so early in the season so we couldnt see what he was capable of in that offense. i think garner is the reason no one is even drafting pittman in most of these offseason mocks and leagues. the thing i dont like about pittman is the fact that his stats have absolutley sucked up until the end of last year. im pretty sure he only had like 3 tds over the course of the 2 previous seasons. not too good. the guy is a friggin monster tho...ill give him that (look at those guns :-o ) :

i just wish for their sake they would have held on to warrick dunn :-/
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RayVins » Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:40 pm

yeah pittman could be a monster if he was consistent.

and they never should have let warrick dunn go...
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mtryanks12 » Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:41 am

RayVins wrote:
mtryanks12 wrote:

if this trade goes through i could see TB trading down to WAS.

TB get the 2 1st round picks from WAS and the redskins get the #5 overall as well as a 2nd rounder...

WAS does this to ensure rolle to the skins and TB takes pac man jones with the #9 pick...

I like this trade a lot for WAS. This way, they WOULD be ensured Rolle, as you said. But then who would TEN take?? IMO, it would be PacMan Jones. Sure, he's only 5'9", but he does help the Titans a lot by being a kick returner, as they lost Derrick Mason to the Ravens this offseason. I even think this trade could help tennessee, because it could help them notice the upside to drafting Jones. However, I don't see them drafting him if this trade ever went through. They are too concerned about his height. Knowing the titans, in that situation I think they'd draft Rogers even though I think they shouldn't.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Previous

Return to Football Talk