Lance Armstrong to Retire... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Lance Armstrong to Retire...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Canacuna » Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:06 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:I feel like a tool for bringing this up, but does anyone want to comment on the steroid allegations?

Heh - I've been waiting for someone to say it. I just didn't want to be the one... ;-)

Thanks Corn! ;-D

But yeah, good athlete. Gotta wonder 'bout those steroids though.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:07 pm

Lushcrush wrote:Whoa ... pretty big news there, MB. But blood doping is different than steroids ... no chemicals involved. Blood doping is old school.

Yeah, my bad...I just saw it on the ESPNEWS thing this morning and assumed it was some drug thing. I apologize for the misinformation. Chalk it up to the Internet... ;-7

Either way, he's not going to be riding for a while...he was America's next best cyclist probably...Leipheimer isn't bad, but Hamilton had the ability to really stay up with the top guys in the mountains.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Lushcrush » Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:16 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:
Lushcrush wrote:Whoa ... pretty big news there, MB. But blood doping is different than steroids ... no chemicals involved. Blood doping is old school.

Yeah, my bad...I just saw it on the ESPNEWS thing this morning and assumed it was some drug thing. I apologize for the misinformation. Chalk it up to the Internet... ;-7

Either way, he's not going to be riding for a while...he was America's next best cyclist probably...Leipheimer isn't bad, but Hamilton had the ability to really stay up with the top guys in the mountains.

Hey, no problemo here Mercer. Just threw that in when I saw it.
Yeah, Hamilton is a stud for sure. He's the rider that rode most of the Tour D F last year with a broken collarbone. Think about that ... kinda like Emmitt against the Giants with a seperated shoulder - 20 days in a row.
Now excuse me while I prepare a batch of blood ... :-b
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:24 pm

I think he's bowing out gracefully, at the top, something many athletes dont have the luxury of doing, or miss out on the opportunity to do.

I would still say he's the greatest cyclist. He's got the most TDF wins ever and he's beaten cancer to do it. I mean its impressive that he can even finish the race after fighting the cancer.

As for the steroid issues, I don't know what to think. I read a very good article recently on Bo Jackson suing accusers that linked him to steroids. He willingly let his medical records be open, publicly denied ever using any form of steroid, and got them to retract the statement almost instantly by flaunting his innocence.

Seeing that, then watching guys like Bonds and MacGuire hide the truth, and flat out lie (yeah Barry, I'm stupid enough to believe you were given roids, but didn't realize what they were), I can only assume they're guilty. So, not knowing exactly how Armstrong reacted to his allegations makes me pensive to decide either way what I think about his innocence or guilt.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to General Talk