How many wins . . . - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

How many wins . . .

Moderator: Football Moderators

How many wins . . .

Postby rhsrizzo » Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:52 pm

would it take for a team to win a 64 team double elimination tournament? I know for single elimination it is 6, just like the NCAA Tournament, but I'm interested to know how many it would take for a double elimination tournament. At my college, I have an intramural softball team and we're looking good. We lost the first one, because we only had 7 fielders :-o , but we have won our last two and are looking real good. If you could tell me how many wins it would take to win it, that would be great. Thanks.
rhsrizzo
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Re: How many wins . . .

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:23 pm

rhsrizzo wrote:would it take for a team to win a 64 team double elimination tournament? I know for single elimination it is 6, just like the NCAA Tournament, but I'm interested to know how many it would take for a double elimination tournament. At my college, I have an intramural softball team and we're looking good. We lost the first one, because we only had 7 fielders :-o , but we have won our last two and are looking real good. If you could tell me how many wins it would take to win it, that would be great. Thanks.

I would assume you go into a "losers" bracket where you would have to win as many games as the person in the "winners" bracket plus at least one more to defeat the team who lost in the "winners" bracket final, and then you'd have to beat the winners bracket winner twice.

So my guess would be 9. I don't know for sure. ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Return to General Talk