Madden: Next Gen - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Video Games

Madden: Next Gen

Moderator: Football Moderators

Madden: Next Gen

Postby Manja » Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:21 pm

Yeah.. Everybody's talking about Madden 06... but check this out..

Linky

The screens they provide are amazing. I'm buying an Xbox 360 anyways (because I love Xbox and Microsoft...), but this would have me buying it even if I was a PS3 fanboy and was waiting for that release.

They're releasing a screen every day until the Draft this Saturday, and then they're going to show a 60 second long commercial previewing the game... I can't wait.
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1736
Joined: 6 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Ironhorse75 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:37 am

Update. Those pics aren't of actual gameplay. They're an artists interpretation of what the game COULD look like.

But recent statements have been released from EA as such...

They didn't want these screenshots released not because they set the bar too high, but because they think it sets it too low. They think they can exceed what these pictures show.
Image
Ironhorse75
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1103
Joined: 19 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Manja » Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:59 pm

If they can, I'd stop claiming that they're one of the 3 evil companies of the world (Disney and Microsoft being the other two).
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1736
Joined: 6 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Madden: Next Gen

Postby Vikes_Fan2823 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:58 pm

Manja wrote:The screens they provide are amazing. I'm buying an Xbox 360 anyways (because I love Xbox and Microsoft...), but this would have me buying it even if I was a PS3 fanboy and was waiting for that release.


Just so you know, from all reports I've heard so far, the PS3 is supposed to be FAR better than the XBox 360. It will be released about a year later, and the technology is supposed to be much better than the XBox 360.
16-team PPR Keeper League
QB: T. Romo, V. Young
RB: M. Turner, B. Wells, T. Hightower
WR: A. Johnson, J. Ford, N. Burleson, A. Roberts, J. Simpson
TE: D. Clark, J. Cook
K: R. Gould
D/ST: Cardinals
Vikes_Fan2823
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 1122
Joined: 16 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: A Vikings fan in Michigan

Postby Manja » Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:05 pm

And all the reports said that the PS2 were better than the Dreamcast... But I went with Sega anyways, and haven't regretted it. I just don't like the PS's controller, games, or online play.

But then, it's a matter of opinion.
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1736
Joined: 6 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Vikes_Fan2823 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 1:58 pm

Manja wrote:And all the reports said that the PS2 were better than the Dreamcast... But I went with Sega anyways, and haven't regretted it. I just don't like the PS's controller, games, or online play.

But then, it's a matter of opinion.


OK, I can understand how you don't like the other stuff, but the controllers are by far the best controllers in video game history. The only ones that can even contend were the N64 controllers. How can you not like the PS2 controllers?
16-team PPR Keeper League
QB: T. Romo, V. Young
RB: M. Turner, B. Wells, T. Hightower
WR: A. Johnson, J. Ford, N. Burleson, A. Roberts, J. Simpson
TE: D. Clark, J. Cook
K: R. Gould
D/ST: Cardinals
Vikes_Fan2823
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 1122
Joined: 16 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: A Vikings fan in Michigan

Postby Guttpuppy » Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:04 pm

Just checked out that vid, it's up now. :-)
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 10756
Joined: 20 Sep 2002
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joshyboy72 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:20 pm

Guttpuppy wrote:Just checked out that vid, it's up now. :-)

Yeah that was insane... ;-D
Image
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6861
Joined: 29 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Manja » Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:28 pm

VikesFan2823 wrote:OK, I can understand how you don't like the other stuff, but the controllers are by far the best controllers in video game history. The only ones that can even contend were the N64 controllers. How can you not like the PS2 controllers?


It's probably because my hands are bigger, and they don't fit as nicely as the Xbox's does into my hand.

And the video was awesome.
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1736
Joined: 6 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mtryanks12 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:36 pm

Vikes_Fan2823 wrote:
Manja wrote:And all the reports said that the PS2 were better than the Dreamcast... But I went with Sega anyways, and haven't regretted it. I just don't like the PS's controller, games, or online play.

But then, it's a matter of opinion.


OK, I can understand how you don't like the other stuff, but the controllers are by far the best controllers in video game history. The only ones that can even contend were the N64 controllers. How can you not like the PS2 controllers?


Personally, I think that the Gamecube has the best controllers. They seem to mold into your hands.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 4671
Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to Video Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 20:32 hours
(and 34 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact