Madden: Next Gen - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Madden: Next Gen

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Ironhorse75 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:43 pm

No Doubt the GC is comfortable, but I find the layout terrible for sports and fighters.

Great for games like Resident Evil 4, but never found it convenient for the above mentioned.
Ironhorse75
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Vikes_Fan2823 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:31 pm

None of the controllers actually feel bad in your hand, but the PS2 has by far the best button layout. No buttons are hard to get at, analog sticks are in the perfect spot, and the dpad is great too.

The XBox has buttons that are hard to reach (black and white buttons), and for the Gamecube: the c-stick is in a weird place, and I think the dpad is too small to use for anything.
16-team PPR Keeper League
QB: T. Romo, V. Young
RB: M. Turner, B. Wells, T. Hightower
WR: A. Johnson, J. Ford, N. Burleson, A. Roberts, J. Simpson
TE: D. Clark, J. Cook
K: R. Gould
D/ST: Cardinals
Vikes_Fan2823
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Ironhorse75 » Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:10 am

More on the Gcube's controller... I'm not a fan of it's shoulder buttons. They feel like you have to push them in too far. Successive tapping doesn't work too well.
Ironhorse75
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Canacuna » Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:47 pm

Guttpuppy wrote:Just checked out that vid, it's up now. :-)

Wow - that game looks amazing...

...as for controllers - Nintendo, while trying some "innovative" designs, are going in the wrong direction, methinks. The feel of it is alright, but the button layout leaves a lot to be desired. The N64 is another example of that. They really put themselves in a corner with some games (like sports titles) that just don't work with their controllers.

Manja wrote:And all the reports said that the PS2 were better than the Dreamcast... But I went with Sega anyways, and haven't regretted it. I just don't like the PS's controller, games, or online play.

I couldn't believe how badly the Dreamcast did. It had some of the best games available at the time, had the four-controller thing going for it... it definitely got the most play-time out of me. The only thing I didn't like about it was those memory cards. It was a cool little gimmick, but that's all it was to me.

XBOX controller design could be better - I hate that games design the gameplay for those new, midgety controllers, making my old-school XBOX controllers pretty hard to handle for some games. The old XBOX controller was the perfect fit - can't believe people were saying they were huge... they were comfortable.

PlayStation has had the best controllers since the 'ol SNES and Genesis days, methinks. Good button layout that's good for all kinds of games, not too big or too small... just how controllers should be.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Manja » Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:03 pm

Vikes_Fan2823 wrote:The XBox has buttons that are hard to reach (black and white buttons)

If you get the S-Type, the black and white buttons are easy to get. It's like the PS controller, but just fits perfectly into your hand.

And 'Cuna, you probably have bigger hands than the other big-handed Xboxers.
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mtryanks12 » Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:59 pm

Vikes_Fan2823 wrote:None of the controllers actually feel bad in your hand, but the PS2 has by far the best button layout. No buttons are hard to get at, analog sticks are in the perfect spot, and the dpad is great too.

The XBox has buttons that are hard to reach (black and white buttons), and for the Gamecube: the c-stick is in a weird place, and I think the dpad is too small to use for anything.

Other than the bad shoulder buttons I like it.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Previous

Return to Video Games