CC's Final Mock Draft - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

CC's Final Mock Draft

Moderator: Football Moderators

CC's Final Mock Draft

Postby CC » Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:15 pm

OK, I had a totally kick-ass mock going, I was 24 picks and 6000 words into it and it was going great. One day I go to update it and try to finish it off. It's gone.

This is my mock w/ no comments or analysis, sorry I didn't have time to make the good one for you guys.

CC's Mock wrote:1. San Francisco - Aaron Rodgers, QB, California
2. Miami Dolphins - Alex Smith, QB, Utah
3. Cleveland Browns - Braylon Edwards, WR, Michigan
4. Chicago Bears - Mike Williams, WR, USC
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Ronnie Brown, RB, Auburn
6. Tennessee Titans - Antrel Rolle, CB, Miami
7. Minnesota Vikings - Derrick Johnson, LB, Texas
8. Arizona Cardinals - Cedric Benson, RB, Texas
9. Washington Redskins - Pac-Man Jones, CB, West Virginia
10. Detroit Lions - Alex Barron, OT, Florida St.
11. Dallas Cowboys - Troy Williamson, WR, South Carolina
12. San Diego Chargers - Marcus Spears, DT, LSU
13. Houston Texans - Shawne Merriman, LB/DE, Maryland
14. Carolina Panthers - Cadillac Williams, RB, Auburn
15. Kansas City Chiefs - Demarcus Ware, LB/DE, Troy St.
16. New Orleans Saints - Thomas Davis, S, Georgia
17. Cincinatti Bengals - Travis Johnson, DT, Florida St.
18. Minnesota Vikings - Erasmus James, DE, Wisconsin
19. St. Louis Rams - Jamaal Brown, OT, Oklahoma
20. Dallas Cowboys - David Pollack, DE, Georgia
21. Jacksonville Jaguars - Carlos Rogers, CB, Auburn
22. Baltimore Ravens - Mark Clayton, WR, Oklahoma
23. Seattle Seahawks - Dan Cody, DE/LB, Oklahoma
24. Green Bay Packers - Justin Miller, CB, Clemson
25. Washington Redskins - Jason Campbell, QB, Auburn
26. Oakland Raiders - Marlin Jackson, CB, Michigan
27. Atlanta Falcons - Khalif Barnes, OT, Washington
28. San Diego Chargers - Roddy White, WR, UAB
29. Indianapolis Colts - Fabian Washington, CB, Nebrasa
30. Pittsburgh Steelers - Shaun Cody, DT/DE, USC
31. Philadelphia Eagles - Matt Jones, WR, Arkansas
32. New England Patriots - Channing Crowder, LB, Florida

So there it is. I'm not saying it won't change before the draft, but this is it for now.

Comments are encouraged, I'd like to hear all of your thoughts.

Sorry I couldn't do the big one for y'all.
Last edited by Canadian_Cheesehead on Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Evolution » Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:23 pm

I was expecting the big one, then your comp ruins it for all of us? Not cool...

I can see much this draft happening. Although I still think it would be tough for the Cowboys to take Williamson and pass on Merriman and Ware.

My only big disagreement with you CC is the Broncos taking Heath Miller. They would not have paid pretty big money to match the offer sheet to Putzier if they werent prepared to make him their pass-catching TE. It could still happen, but it would make the Broncos look like complete morons for keeping Putzier, and then letting Herndon walk leaving their #2 CB slot empty.
[b][url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=224384]What happened to Evo?[/url][/b]
Evolution
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby IRON CHEF » Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:31 pm

Nice mock, too bad your comp had to ruin the lenghty addition. ;-D

I have been touting Jamaal Brown as our pick for a long time, I like him over Barron and I am dearly hoping he is Ram within the next few days.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Vikes_Fan2823 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:31 pm

Good as always CC, interesting seeing the Vikes taking 2 defensive players, haven't seen a mock with that happening. I don't think we would pass on Mark Clayton if he's there at 18.

I don't see the Dolphins going QB, I think they take a RB, and the Browns grab the available QB. Then the Bears grab Braylon, and Mike Williams falls to the Vikes. Then they grab defense at 18.

Draft related question - If both Mike Williams and Derrick Johnson are available at 7, who do you think the Vikes would take?
16-team PPR Keeper League
QB: T. Romo, V. Young
RB: M. Turner, B. Wells, T. Hightower
WR: A. Johnson, J. Ford, N. Burleson, A. Roberts, J. Simpson
TE: D. Clark, J. Cook
K: R. Gould
D/ST: Cardinals
Vikes_Fan2823
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:35 pm

CC - I really dont think the Lions are going to be using a 1st rd pick on Barron. If the top 9 went as you predicted, watch DET sell the rights to Cadilac Williams. They will more than likely trade down at that point - taking best offer. If not that, then they will look hard at one of the 2 remaining defensive secondary options: Davis or Rogers.

The Lions have made a number of upgrades to their OLine, and have a couple decent replacements for the departing McDougal in. Victor Rogers at one point was considered one of the better lineman to come out of college, but has since fought through a number of injuries - he should be healthy this yr. Kelly Butler was a rookie last yr, but could step into the strongside role relatively easily - much easier than if they had to play weakside. It could remain a weakness for this team if neither of them step up though.

Of course, with April being the National Liars League anything can happen, but it really would suprise me to see the Lions draft an OT like Barron at the 10th spot. We'll see.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby pdub » Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:36 pm

i think minny go wr no matter what.
pdub
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby kevinoc81 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:01 pm

pdub wrote:i think minny go wr no matter what.

If Minny stays at #7, DJ is available, and they are still wanting Williamson or Clayton, I would expect a trade. No way does Minny take Williamson or Clayton at #7 overall.

I like the mock CC. I sure hope you are right about the Bears grabbing Edwards or Williams, but my gut (and the fact that the Bears have a knack for dissapointing me) tells me to expect a RB at the #4 slot.

Looks great though and I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:06 pm

Evolution wrote:I was expecting the big one, then your comp ruins it for all of us? Not cool...

I can see much this draft happening. Although I still think it would be tough for the Cowboys to take Williamson and pass on Merriman and Ware.

My only big disagreement with you CC is the Broncos taking Heath Miller. They would not have paid pretty big money to match the offer sheet to Putzier if they werent prepared to make him their pass-catching TE. It could still happen, but it would make the Broncos look like complete morons for keeping Putzier, and then letting Herndon walk leaving their #2 CB slot empty.

I totally forgot about the Bronco's signing Putzier, this works out perfectly though since I wanted to give Miller to the Jets at #26 and I can just switch a corner with Miller.

CBM, I totally agree with you. Barron is the pick I felt least certain about in the entire draft. If the top 9 plays out that way I would assume that the Lions would trade down for Thomas Davis or Erasmus James. I felt that Barron was the only player worth that slot that filled a need for the Lions.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby goleafsgo96 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:44 pm

I gotta point this out one more time. If the vikings pick a WR, the trade becomes Moss for Harris and ( one of this years receivers) and thats just a joke. If they take DJ, they very well may win that deal. If hes available, they take him IMO
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby chaindog35 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:54 pm

goleafsgo96 wrote:I gotta point this out one more time. If the vikings pick a WR, the trade becomes Moss for Harris and ( one of this years receivers) and thats just a joke. If they take DJ, they very well may win that deal. If hes available, they take him IMO

If they can get Mike Williams, I don't see that as a joke
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Next

Return to Football Talk