CC's Final Mock Draft - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

CC's Final Mock Draft

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CC » Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:56 pm

goleafsgo96 wrote:I gotta point this out one more time. If the vikings pick a WR, the trade becomes Moss for Harris and ( one of this years receivers) and thats just a joke. If they take DJ, they very well may win that deal. If hes available, they take him IMO

They didn't trade Moss in order to get equal value for him, you can never get equal value for a player like Moss (best player in the league IMO). They traded him because of the locker room problems and partly b/c of his massive contract. It is addition by subtraction.

I still think the Vikes lost the trade, but they will not base their pick on trying to "win" the Moss trade.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby no1cowboysfan » Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:07 pm

Add me to the list of people who say the Cowboys won't go offense with their first pick. Though I do think that if Pollack is on the board at #20, we'd probably pick him up.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Mustangs989 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:40 pm

Nice mock CC ;-D Obviously there are things I would change but you'll always find that. ;-)

As for the Lions taking Barron, I really would like that pick as IMO he'll end up being one of the top 5 players in this draft. Unfortunately I don't see it happening, they'll probably end up going with Merriman which I wouldn't mind. Best case scenario is Rolle falls to us but again I don't see that happening.

Cornbread, I'm interested in hearing why you'd rather have someone like Davis or Rogers over someone like Merriman or Johnson if he's there. Maybe it's just me but I don't see the secondary being the Lions biggest need.
Mustangs989
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:03 pm

Mustangs989 wrote:Cornbread, I'm interested in hearing why you'd rather have someone like Davis or Rogers over someone like Merriman. Maybe it's just me but I don't see the secondary being the Lions biggest need.

First of all - I think with Butler the Lions already have that right tackle so all the rumors and mocks with the Lions drafting Barron are off base.

As for why a secondary over a DE - well, I like our DLine and dont think it needs much of an upgrade within the next 2 yrs. Wilkinson, Rogers, Redding, and Hall as the backup is a fine front. However, I am not as comfortable with the DBs - they were injured off and on last yr, and we really need a solid #3 CB because of the multiple WR sets that are popular in the NFL these days. Maybe Goodman will step up more, but Ive almost given up on Chris Cash - he's undersized and slow - great rookie yr though. Our S position both FS and SS is the weakest spot on the team - easily IMO. Marion and Walker are good vets, but they are getting old at this point (will turn 35 this season). They are going to need to be replaced soon. I dont think Holt is the answer either.

The other reason I want CB/S over a DE - I remember Kalimba Edwards. He was considered a tweener too. Most of the DEs that are selected in this draft will not make immediate impacts and normally take 3-5 yrs to develop into great every down players. I still think that way of Edwards - he was fast and can beat tackles off the snap, bout couldnt stop the run - at least that was his MO coming out of college - not much has changed.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Evolution » Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:14 pm

goleafsgo96 wrote:I gotta point this out one more time. If the vikings pick a WR, the trade becomes Moss for Harris and ( one of this years receivers) and thats just a joke. If they take DJ, they very well may win that deal. If hes available, they take him IMO

You dont take a player to "win a deal". IMO, they got a hell of a lot more for Moss than the Niners would have gotten for TO, and he's the only guy who comes close to Moss in skill and attitude problems.

Minny will take the player who suits their needs the most. In a spread offense where they currently only have 2 serviceable WRs, that will end up being Mike Williams or Braylon Edwards, depending on what happens before them or on the trade front.
[b][url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=224384]What happened to Evo?[/url][/b]
Evolution
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby mtryanks12 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:50 pm

This is one of the best mocks I've seen so far. The only major disagreement I have is witht eh Broncos taking Heath Miller. Other than that, I really like it!
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Evolution » Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:03 pm

Well it's a moot point now that the Broncos have traded their 1st rounder.
[b][url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=224384]What happened to Evo?[/url][/b]
Evolution
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby CC » Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:22 pm

Updated to include the Redskins-Broncos trade.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Gunslinger » Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:10 am

Great stuff, once again CC.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Washington grab Roddy White or Matt Jones with that newly acquired pick, though. Or they could bundle the picks to move up even further. But who knows? We'll find out Saturday (yay).
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Lushcrush » Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:56 am

In only commenting on the players that I have seen play several times, I like your 12, 20 and 31 picks.
At 12 I like the Chargers taking Marcus Spears of LSU. In college, this guy could take over a game. We'll see how he does in the NFL.

At 20, probably the most highly recognized player ever in the SEC - David Pollack going to the Cowgirls. They need help at DE and this guy could do it if he can figure out a way to adjust to the more physical O linemen in the NFL. 2 Time Ted "The Stork" Hendricks Award winner, Lombardi winner and 3 time All American.

At 31, phenom Matt Jones going to the Eagles. This is my local boy - I was actually hoping the Cowgirls would grab him at 20 so I could see him every Sunday or the double tough Steelers at 30, but anybody in the first round would be great. ;-D
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk