CC's Final Mock Draft - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

CC's Final Mock Draft

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CC » Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:37 pm

Updated to include Raiders-Jets trade.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bottled Aggression » Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:27 pm

I love the Derrick Johnson pick at #7 for the Vikings, but I hope they would address the WR issue with possibly picking Mark Clayton at #18.

Nice mock, I agree with alot of the picks.
Bottled Aggression
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:29 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
Evolution wrote:I was expecting the big one, then your comp ruins it for all of us? Not cool...

I can see much this draft happening. Although I still think it would be tough for the Cowboys to take Williamson and pass on Merriman and Ware.

My only big disagreement with you CC is the Broncos taking Heath Miller. They would not have paid pretty big money to match the offer sheet to Putzier if they werent prepared to make him their pass-catching TE. It could still happen, but it would make the Broncos look like complete morons for keeping Putzier, and then letting Herndon walk leaving their #2 CB slot empty.

I totally forgot about the Bronco's signing Putzier, this works out perfectly though since I wanted to give Miller to the Jets at #26 and I can just switch a corner with Miller.

CBM, I totally agree with you. Barron is the pick I felt least certain about in the entire draft. If the top 9 plays out that way I would assume that the Lions would trade down for Thomas Davis or Erasmus James. I felt that Barron was the only player worth that slot that filled a need for the Lions.

If anyone is going to slip and slide in this draft it's Barron IMO.

I had never really focused on this guy and watched him play in a game, instead relying on all the draft reports that say he is the #1 undsiputed lineman with his incredible size and athleticism, but all I see is a chump. I would be dissappointed if my team drafted this guy in the middle of the first, let alone in the top10....

I doubt he's even the #2 OL on the board for most teams at this point. I watched a couple FSU games my buddy (diehard FSU fan) had tapes of and focuses solely on Barron's play and Barron is nothing more than one of those hyped up physical prospects. He's all potential. FSU's line was like a sieve letting in pass rushers, no holes were being opened up on the run, and Barron looked like an average college blocker out there in all aspects of the game, albeit a really big one.

He didn't use his size to his advantage and he didn't really bend his knees and get a drive on blocks. No way this guy becomes an elite Tackle in the NFL, if he doesn't have the skills at this point I don't think he ever will. Just look how poor FSU's offensive line was this season and why would you want to pick up one of them early in the draft?
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby footballfreak449 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:50 pm

Nice, but I think that 11,12, and 13 are mixed up. Cowboys will take Merriman, Chargers take Williamson. 49ers will either take Alex Smith or trade the pick, and I still believe the Titans will take Pac-Man because of his return skills. The rest is good though! ;-D
footballfreak449
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertWeb Supporter

Previous

Return to Football Talk