TE Freddie Jones a Panther... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

TE Freddie Jones a Panther...

Moderator: Football Moderators

TE Freddie Jones a Panther...

Postby RayVins » Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:04 pm

Panthers | F. Jones Signed
Tue, 19 Apr 2005 13:50:28 -0700

Steve Reed, of the Gaston Gazette, reports the Carolina Panthers have signed free agent TE Freddie Jones (Cardinals). Terms of the deal were undisclosed.

good signig by CAR, leaves ARI without a reliable TE though...
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby no1cowboysfan » Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:10 pm

Good signing by CAR... they are really shaping up to be quite a team. Definitely pulling for a SB run (especially in the :,-( weak NFC).

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Trainer of Dolphins » Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:33 pm

I dont think they are making any run at the superbowl. They lost Mushin and they dont have a RB who can play for the whole season w/o getting hurt. Jones is a nice signing but I am not real high on the Panthers this season. They have O line issues that will probably be addressed in the draft, but a rookie starting could take a while to come around.
Trainer of Dolphins
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Evolution » Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:10 pm

Well it will give someone to take some pressure off Steve Smith, and TE has never really been a part of Denny Green's offense anyways.

I disagree that Carolina isnt going anywhere. Their defense is the class of the NFC with Jenkins returning and with the addition of Lucas, and that offense is potentially very good with a healthy Foster and a healthy Stephen Davis. All they're missing is a left tackle, and if they get Barron, it's better than what they have right now.
[b][url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=224384]What happened to Evo?[/url][/b]
Evolution
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby mtryanks12 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:51 pm

This si a real nice pickup for Carolina. Now they have someone who is very reliable as a receiver. Now the question is whether Arizona will go for a TE at some point in the draft.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Horizons » Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:05 pm

Nice signing, with a reliable QB Jones could have a decent year.
Don't give up the ship...........sell it!!
Horizons
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 12)
Location: Somewhere on the "Trail of Tears" between the tube and GameCenter

Postby joshyboy72 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:09 pm

The NFC is weak, yes, but the NFC South is the hardest division in it...while this definitely helps the Panthers, it's difficult to say they're going to be going to the Super Bowl...any of the 4 teams in that division could win it next season.

It might just be me, but I remember Freddie Jones having a problem with dropping passes...but he puts up decent numbers each year, and the Panthers don't really have much at that position, so it's a pretty solid signing I'd say.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby RayVins » Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:41 pm

joshyboy72 wrote:The NFC is weak, yes, but the NFC South is the hardest division in it...while this definitely helps the Panthers, it's difficult to say they're going to be going to the Super Bowl...any of the 4 teams in that division could win it next season.

It might just be me, but I remember Freddie Jones having a problem with dropping passes...but he puts up decent numbers each year, and the Panthers don't really have much at that position, so it's a pretty solid signing I'd say.

the division should look something like this next year:
1- atlanta
2- tampa/carolina
3- tampa/carolina
4- new orleans

carolina has a chance to come back next year and make wildcard but TB will put up a good fight...

NO doesnt have a chance to make the superbowl and furthermore, in my opinion, none of these teams even get close to the SB...
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:23 pm

i actually like the panthers to win that division next year. i think it will be tampa and atlanta who will be battling for second. they key thing for them will be having their rbs (at least one of the foster/davis duo) healthy along with smith.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: TE Freddie Jones a Panther...

Postby UNDEFEATED » Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:27 pm

RayVins wrote:
Panthers | F. Jones Signed
Tue, 19 Apr 2005 13:50:28 -0700

Steve Reed, of the Gaston Gazette, reports the Carolina Panthers have signed free agent TE Freddie Jones (Cardinals). Terms of the deal were undisclosed.

good signig by CAR, leaves ARI without a reliable TE though...

Freddie Jones years of being a reliable TE are over. Look at his stats. I would not pick him up off the WW.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Football Talk