Skins acquire Broncos 1st round pick - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Skins acquire Broncos 1st round pick

Moderator: Football Moderators

Skins acquire Broncos 1st round pick

Postby cooleyhigh » Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:00 pm

Just saw it on SC. Broncos get a 3rd this year and I believe the skins #1 next season ehh... needs some clarification but Wash. may be looking to package picks and move up?
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby J2thez929 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:03 pm

Hmm, if this is true the that might throw a wrinkle into the mocks and projections. Who are they moving up for? A QB?
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Evolution » Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:05 pm

This makes sense for the Broncos, they'll likely get a better pick next year and an additional 3rd this year, which is great.

For the Redskins, unless they had a deal prepared to move up with that pick, why they would pull the trigger before sometime mid-first round on draft day makes little sense. But they could also use that pick to grab a CB and look elsewhere with their top choice if they keep it, so this could shake boards up a bit.
[b][url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=224384]What happened to Evo?[/url][/b]
Evolution
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby cooleyhigh » Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:06 pm

J2thez929 wrote:Hmm, if this is true the that might throw a wrinkle into the mocks and projections. Who are they moving up for? A QB?

I would guess WR.
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby J2thez929 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:11 pm

cooleyhigh wrote:
J2thez929 wrote:Hmm, if this is true the that might throw a wrinkle into the mocks and projections. Who are they moving up for? A QB?

I would guess WR.

If thats the case, the Cleveland and Miami are jumping for joy. They now have another possible team looking to trade up so they will get more for their 2nd/3rd pick
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:15 pm

Redskins Complete Trade, Add 1st Rounder
By Gary Fitzgerald
Redskins.com
April 19, 2005

The Redskins have completed a trade with the Denver Broncos that brings them the 25th overall pick in this weekend's NFL draft. The trade gives the team two picks in the first round (No. 9 and No. 25) on Saturday.

In return for Denver's 25th pick, the Redskins have given the Broncos' this year's third-round pick (76th overall) and the Redskins first- and fourth-round selections in the 2006 draft.

The Redskins' list of selections for the April 23-24 draft now consists of the 9th and 25th pick in the first round; a fourth-round pick (112 overall); a sixth-round pick (183 overall); and a seventh round pick (222 overall).

Source: http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=6488
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Evolution » Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:16 pm

An additional 4th rounder as well? They better have a player they are really high on and land him...
[b][url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=224384]What happened to Evo?[/url][/b]
Evolution
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby RayVins » Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:18 pm

wow... seems like alot to give up for only the #25 overall...

looks like the skins take a DE with the broncos pick...
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mtryanks12 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:33 pm

I could see the reskins selecting a DE with the #25 overall pick. There are a ton of DE's expected to go in the first and seconds rounds, and I'm sure the skins can get their hands on a quality DE, like Erasmus james, who IMO would be available by their pick.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby terpfan » Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:56 pm

I'll be honest. I don't like the trade. But at least it does make this draft more exciting...We better finish lower than the 25th pick next year! :-°
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk