Skins acquire Broncos 1st round pick - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Skins acquire Broncos 1st round pick

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby RayVins » Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:43 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
terpfan wrote:I really hope this isnt for a QB. Ramsey needs to be given a chance. Anyone think its possible the Skins could trade the #25 for Nate Clements? :-?

I doubt it, Clements was one of the top CBs in the league last year.

i dont know if he was one of the top CBs... he did have 6 INTs but so did andre dyson, ken lucas, chris gamble, and dunta robinson, and they arent exactly top CBs...
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:46 pm

RayVins wrote:
terpfan wrote:I really hope this isnt for a QB. Ramsey needs to be given a chance. Anyone think its possible the Skins could trade the #25 for Nate Clements? :-?

i dont know if he was one of the top CBs... he did have 6 INTs but so did andre dyson, ken lucas, chris gamble, and dunta robinson, and they arent exactly top CBs...

If you watched the Bills last year (I watched them every week) you would realise that he was excellent. He was lockdown in coverage and came up with the big plays.

Add to that Dyson and Lucas are solid corners, and Gamble and Dunta are looking like future shutdown corners and we don't really see eye to eye on this issue.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Calyxes » Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:46 pm

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/ar ... Apr18.html

Well I saw this article before the trades. O'well it does not mean a whole lot now.
Calyxes
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby bagobonez » Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:54 pm

This is a terrible move by Washington. ;-D

I don't see Washington finishing with a record that would give them a worse pick than #25 next year. Combined with the fact that they're giving up 3rd and 4th rounders, AND the fact that this year's draft class is weak, and this deal just makes no sense.

Maybe they will make it make sense come draft day.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby RayVins » Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:57 pm

RayVins wrote:

If you watched the Bills last year (I watched them every week) you would realise that he was excellent. He was lockdown in coverage and came up with the big plays.

Add to that Dyson and Lucas are solid corners, and Gamble and Dunta are looking like future shutdown corners and we don't really see eye to eye on this issue.

i was just saying that if you were to measure his sucess by his INTs then you wouldnt be correct. but as you said, you have watched him way more than me so ill take your word for it...
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Evolution » Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:31 pm

Supposedly they acquired the pick to take Jason Campbell. That's just idiotic, if they really wanted him, he'll be there in the 2nd round. The Bills did a similar thing with Losman, but Losman was much more highly touted than Campbell.
[b][url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=224384]What happened to Evo?[/url][/b]
Evolution
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby no1cowboysfan » Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:01 am

Anyone else thinking what I'm thinking? The Redskins get a 1st rounder so they can trade #9 to Oakland for Charles Woodson. That's my prediction.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby RayVins » Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:12 am

no1cowboysfan wrote:Anyone else thinking what I'm thinking? The Redskins get a 1st rounder so they can trade #9 to Oakland for Charles Woodson. That's my prediction.

whether they do it or not, woodson definately isnt worth the #9 overall...
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby maddog60 » Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:13 am

So the end result would then be: Next years: 1st and 4th, and this year's 3rd for Nate Clements. God that would be an awful steep price to pay for any player. Randy Moss didn't command such value, nor would Clements.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby a4ce » Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:21 am

no1cowboysfan wrote:Anyone else thinking what I'm thinking? The Redskins get a 1st rounder so they can trade #9 to Oakland for Charles Woodson. That's my prediction.

Agree! That would be nice. If that happens, they better get some DBs quick now that P-Buch is gone.
Cash Money Brothers! - PPR
QB: Romo and Luck
RB: Shady, Spiller, Sproles, Joique, Giovani, Miller, and Le'veon (IR)
WR: AJ Green, Wayne, Bowe, Thompkins, and Gordon (IR)
TE: Witten
K: Prater
D/ST: 'Hawks
Start QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K and D/ST
a4ce
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 6)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk