Buchanon Traded To Houston - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Buchanon Traded To Houston

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby UNDEFEATED » Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:48 pm

RayVins wrote:
UNDEFEATED wrote:What..did we get?

Buchanon is one of those ghetto fab guys though.

all the diamonds....big diamonds

He is one of those skinny guys....with all the jewelry looking all pimp....

I would have rather traded Woodson...Buchanon is still young, cheap, and a better player.


you would have rather traded woodson? first off, you wouldnt have gotten much more compensation for charles woodson. second, woodson is a much better CB than buchanon, who is all speed...


I will gladly admit Charles "rose in my mouth" Woodson is the better CB. He has the experience and is more polished. The reason i would rather trade him is for the future benefit. Not this season.

We need all the help we can get on D.

Buchanon on the other hand is cheaper and hoefully coachable. I read on the above statement that he is getting paid less than 1million dollars this and next year. Thats equivalent to 10 Charles Woodsons(but making this exaggerated statement doesn't really mean much).

Anyways. Keeping Woodson who is only signed for 1 more year will probably only get us the same if not a little more compensation than trading Buchanon. Or worse nothing.

So yes i would rather have traded woodson. Who is the better all-around corner. For futures sake.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3890
Joined: 26 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Flos Scandelos

Postby Bennett4prez » Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:50 pm

steelyeri wrote:
Wow, great guess! I just heard it was for a second and third this year. I like the move for the raiders. He is very talented but he's even too much for Al Davis to handle. That's saying a lot.


So, you traded for Randy Moss? :-?
Image
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 2078
Joined: 6 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Minnesota

Postby UNDEFEATED » Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:56 pm

Bennett4prez wrote:
steelyeri wrote:
Wow, great guess! I just heard it was for a second and third this year. I like the move for the raiders. He is very talented but he's even too much for Al Davis to handle. That's saying a lot.


So, you traded for Randy Moss? :-?


Moss puts butts in the seats and $$$$ in the pocket....Nobody comes to the game to watch Buchanon.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3890
Joined: 26 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Flos Scandelos

Postby steelyeri » Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:08 pm

UNDEFEATED wrote:
Bennett4prez wrote:
steelyeri wrote:
Wow, great guess! I just heard it was for a second and third this year. I like the move for the raiders. He is very talented but he's even too much for Al Davis to handle. That's saying a lot.


So, you traded for Randy Moss? :-?


Moss puts butts in the seats and $$$$ in the pocket....Nobody comes to the game to watch Buchanon.


Well put. Another thing is, what has moss done? Fake Moon Packer fans? Throw water on a ref? Al would love that, especially the latter. Buchannon on the other hand is a malcontent and a jerk. He considers himself "the best playmaker ever" and calls himself "showtime." He has shown flashes of brilliance but is also very inconsistent. Has shown improvement but not as much as I would like considering he was a relatively high draft pick.
Image

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 506
Joined: 2 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: All up in you

Postby RayVins » Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:09 pm

steelyeri wrote:
UNDEFEATED wrote:
Bennett4prez wrote:
steelyeri wrote:
Wow, great guess! I just heard it was for a second and third this year. I like the move for the raiders. He is very talented but he's even too much for Al Davis to handle. That's saying a lot.


So, you traded for Randy Moss? :-?


Moss puts butts in the seats and $$$$ in the pocket....Nobody comes to the game to watch Buchanon.


Well put. Another thing is, what has moss done? Fake Moon Packer fans? Throw water on a ref? Al would love that, especially the latter. Buchannon on the other hand is a malcontent and a jerk. He considers himself "the best playmaker ever" and calls himself "showtime." He has shown flashes of brilliance but is also very inconsistent. Has shown improvement but not as much as I would like considering he was a relatively high draft pick.


"what has moss done?"
not to mention he is the best WR in the game... dont forget, hahaha...
Image
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
Image
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1603
Joined: 17 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Pimpin' Purple Est. 1996

Postby chaindog35 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:33 pm

i actually like this for the raiders, it'll yield them some young talent
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Posts: 4269
Joined: 9 Oct 2002
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Azrael » Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:34 pm

Whatever you think of Buchanon, the Texans now have 2 young pretty decent CBs with him and Hall.
Image
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 8283
(Past Year: 7)
Joined: 29 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Keeping da cafe sucka free for 9 years straight

Postby RayVins » Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:49 pm

Azrael wrote:Whatever you think of Buchanon, the Texans now have 2 young pretty decent CBs with him and Hall.


robinson, not hall... easy to confuse i know.
Image
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
Image
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1603
Joined: 17 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Pimpin' Purple Est. 1996

Postby gatorman1122 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:09 pm

Houston=Sleeper Defense? sounds weird...but it could happen...the Houston D showed occasional flashes of brilliance (the Jacksonville shutout, the low scoring game vs. the Colts at home, etc.)
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1466
Joined: 29 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby steelyeri » Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:21 pm

Azrael wrote:Whatever you think of Buchanon, the Texans now have 2 young pretty decent CBs with him and Hall.




I agree that Robinson and Buchannon make a pretty nice young combo for the texans.
Image

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 506
Joined: 2 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: All up in you

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 7:45 hours
(and 36 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact