Buchanon Traded To Houston - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Buchanon Traded To Houston

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby maddog60 » Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:51 am

Looking more closely at the talent likley in the 2nd round, and Oakland's depth chart, I'd say this is the most viable strategy:

2nd

Ideally they go CB and LB, but if Miller, Washington, or Jackson doesnt make it to their first pick, they probably get a LB like Blackstock or Thurman, then follow it up with a CB like Webster.

Any combination of the following guys I like for them however: Miller, Washington, Jackson, Thurman, Blackstock, Burnett, Castillo, Patterson, Baas. If they come away with two fo these guys, they'll have gotten excellent prospects for 2 key needs.

3rd

Most likely David Baas will be gone, and he is the ideal lineman for them with their weakest positions seeming to be C and LG. However, a good guard prospect can still likely be found in the 3rd, just not top notch like Baas.

Also, they gotta get a DT me thinks. Maybe if they're really lucky Castillo falls due to the roids issue, or Patterson, but not much of a chance of that. Either one of those would be a steal for them here.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Trainer of Dolphins » Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:34 pm

This looks like a good deal for both involved

The Texans get a young corner and the Raiders get to get rid of a defensive player which goes right along with their goal to be last years Chiefs by scoring 28 points a game and giving up 30.

Actually I looked it up and KC gave up 27.2 points a game and scored 30.2 a game, but you get what I mean they will score but will lose
Trainer of Dolphins
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby UNDEFEATED » Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:14 pm

GMoney wrote:OK... well lets start with O Line

Early 2nd round. David Bass OG/C (very versatile)
Mid/late 2nd Chris Spencer C (best pure center in the draft)
Mid/late 2nd Elton Brown OG (1st round talent with some issues)
Late 2nd Logan Mankins OG
late 2nd Michael Roos OT

Early 2nd round CBs
Justin Miller
Fabian Washington
Marlin Jackson
Note: All 3 of these guys could very well go in the 1st and might not last until pick 2.08... then again 1 might.

Mid/late 2nd round:
Brandon Browner CB: 6'4 CB ran slow at the combine might have to move to S.
Byrant McFadden: Prolly closer to late 2nd round here
late 2nd/3rd : Corey Webster.... BEST VALUE IN THE DRAFT IMO. this the only player in the combine who was a 6'0 CB and ran under a 4.4.... Wont last long into the 3rd.

S: Brodney Pool - early 2nd
S: Josh Bullocks - early/mid 2nd

LBs:

Guys like Odell Thurman, Barrett Rudd, Darryl Blackstock are all very solid LB talent which can be had in the 2nd round.

Earnest Shazor is another LB option.. played S in college but is projected as a LB in the NFL HUGE hitter... might last into the 3rd.

Thanks GMONEY ;-D ;-D
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Football Talk