Raiders Continue to Shop CB Woodson... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Raiders Continue to Shop CB Woodson...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby no1cowboysfan » Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:03 am

Are you saying Woodson is the greatest CB ever? Because then you are still wrong. By a lot.

Anyways, I think Woodson goes to Washington for their #9... whcih is why Washington got that #25 from DEN.
Image

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 5255
Joined: 28 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: From Diego to tha bay ...

Postby RayVins » Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:14 am

UNDEFEATED wrote:Now you are absolutly taking it out of context.

Rayvins, my point is simple...natural talent.

Not that Charles Woodson is the GREATEST GOLFER EVER. I am not dumb enough to make a statement like that.

Cmon keep the focus on the topic.

Instead of trying to single out my so-called defeciencies in my comparisons.

Its your topic you should know.


then how are you comparing them? they're love for the game? their natural talent? on any comparison you would be wrong, context or not...

because to football, woodson will never even be close to what tiger woods is to golf...
Image
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
Image
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1603
Joined: 17 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Pimpin' Purple Est. 1996

Postby UNDEFEATED » Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:58 am

in what context?

undefeated wrote:Charles Woodson is like Tiger Woods and Ken Griffey Jr. They are just born with it. You can't coach some of the things they are naturally capable of doing.


How many times must i say it? apparently once more.

Natural talent for their respective sports.

Let me elaborate a bit more. Not leaving myself as wide open to scrutinity as my earlier post.

Or must i or we draw blueprints for everything that we say. so that it doesn't get twisted by someone who wants to make an opposing point that is contradictive to someones opinion.

Ken Griffey was another example i gave with Tiger Woods.

Why didn't you pick him instead to make your point?

Was it because it wasn't as easy as singling out Tiger Woods?

Was it because your arguement would seem less effective with Griffey as your premise?

I AM DONE WITH THIS.

Rayvins...you provide this cafe with alot of good resources. Much more than me at least.

BUT THIS HAS BEEN ONE OF YOUR WEAKEST THREADS EVER :-t
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3890
Joined: 26 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Flos Scandelos

Postby RayVins » Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:08 am

ok i see your exact point now, it just took me ahwile to see what you were trying to say.

i dont agree with woodson having the natural talent that woods or griffey have, but thats beside the point.

i was just a stickler on that point because i thought you were trying to say that woodson was to football what woods is to golf.

its all clear now, but i got a thumbs down... ouch. hahaha
Image
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
Image
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1603
Joined: 17 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Pimpin' Purple Est. 1996

Postby mtryanks12 » Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:35 am

I have no idea why, now that Buchanon is gone, they are trying to shop Woodson. Sure, they want younger talent, but woodson is an amazing CB, and I sure hope davis doesn't replace the two with rookies. The upside to this for the raiders is that there are a lot of teams looking for solid CB's, and they would be willing to give up a solid draft pick for a guy like woodson. I could see TEN or WAS especially go for this, maybe for their 2nd round picks. If I were Davis, I would keep woodson, he'll last for a few more years, and not try to get just draft picks out of him. We've all seen teams full of rookies collapse, no matter how goood the rookies are. Texans??? In their first year?? They had a ton of rookies, for they were an expansion team, and they weren't a playoff team or a 500 team.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 4671
Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Flux » Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:43 am

mtryanks12 wrote:I have no idea why, now that Buchanon is gone, they are trying to shop Woodson. Sure, they want younger talent, but woodson is an amazing CB, and I sure hope davis doesn't replace the two with rookies. The upside to this for the raiders is that there are a lot of teams looking for solid CB's, and they would be willing to give up a solid draft pick for a guy like woodson. I could see TEN or WAS especially go for this, maybe for their 2nd round picks. If I were Davis, I would keep woodson, he'll last for a few more years, and not try to get just draft picks out of him. We've all seen teams full of rookies collapse, no matter how goood the rookies are. Texans??? In their first year?? They had a ton of rookies, for they were an expansion team, and they weren't a playoff team or a 500 team.


Both TEN and WAS have very little cap space to work with at this point. I dont see any way they would be able to fit in Woodsons huge contract.
Image
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6113
Joined: 7 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mtryanks12 » Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:48 am

Oh, I forgot about that aspect. I mentioned their names beacuse they are in need of CB's this draft.

Then I'm possibly thinking dallas. They could trade their 2nd and 3rd round picks for woodson. They could use a better CB, and they have the cap space to work with.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 4671
Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:29 am

RayVins wrote:
Evolution wrote:
RayVins wrote:
UNDEFEATED wrote:Don't take my comparison out of context.

They are both NATURALLY TALENTED.

They were both BORN WITH IT.

C'mon.


out of context or not... while buchanon may be naturally fast, you can not copmare this #2 CB who played for oakland to the best golfer ever...


He compared Woodson, not Buchanon.

In any case, both have won things, and if you take the comparison in context, it's true to a degree.


whether he was comparing charles woodson or pat buchanon to tiger woods, it makes no difference...

both are cocky, middle-of-the-road CBs who have had no great accomplishments or the drive that tiger woods has to win. and i dont even like golf...


right there - that alone tells me what I need to know in this argument.

Rayvins thinks Woodson is vastly overrated.

Personally I think he is vastly underrated. I think he is without a doubt a top 5 CB in this league pretty easily - and had injuries not held him back he would quite possibly be the best in the league bar none. As far as great accomplishments go - I guess winning a national championship and the Heisman trophy in college are things one may consider great accomplishments.

This whole argument was based on perception. I agree with Underrated - some players are just born with it - and Woodson certainly would qualify there.

If salary cap issues werent a concern, I would hope the Lions bend over backwards to try and land Woodson.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5924
Joined: 7 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Manja » Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:36 am

mtryanks12 wrote:Oh, I forgot about that aspect. I mentioned their names beacuse they are in need of CB's this draft.

Then I'm possibly thinking dallas. They could trade their 2nd and 3rd round picks for woodson. They could use a better CB, and they have the cap space to work with.


You must not study. The Cowboys aren't looking for a cornerback anymore, with the signing of Henry. Woodson would probably want more money than Henry got (which was a ridiculous amount), so that's not going to happen. And then there's the prospect of the Cowboys not having a 3rd round pick.

The Cowboys wouldn't waste a second round pick on some washed up, overrated cornerback with injury problems.
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1736
Joined: 6 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:52 am

mtryanks12 wrote:I have no idea why, now that Buchanon is gone, they are trying to shop Woodson. Sure, they want younger talent, but woodson is an amazing CB, and I sure hope davis doesn't replace the two with rookies. The upside to this for the raiders is that there are a lot of teams looking for solid CB's, and they would be willing to give up a solid draft pick for a guy like woodson. I could see TEN or WAS especially go for this, maybe for their 2nd round picks. If I were Davis, I would keep woodson, he'll last for a few more years, and not try to get just draft picks out of him. We've all seen teams full of rookies collapse, no matter how goood the rookies are. Texans??? In their first year?? They had a ton of rookies, for they were an expansion team, and they weren't a playoff team or a 500 team.


Woodson is overrated. He gives up on a lot of plays and gets beat deep more often than you think. His pass interference penalties keep him from being on espn's weekly highlight reel... He's not one of the top5 best CBs in the league.. more like top10 or top15, still talented but not even close to worth that much in salary.

Everyone praises Woodson because he was the golden boy coming out of college. I watch him play week in and week out... overrated.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Writer
Posts: 6427
Joined: 2 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 10:15 hours
(and 37 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact