Raiders Continue to Shop CB Woodson... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Raiders Continue to Shop CB Woodson...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CC » Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:44 pm

RayVins wrote:
Flux wrote:RayVins, what proof do you have that all those other CBs you mentioned are better than him?

Im not saying Woodson is or is not a top 5 CB, but you cant judge CBs by statistical categories. A true shut down corner will rarely be thrown at and therefore wont show much in terms of numbers.

i dont know about you, but i get to watch the raiders almost every week because i live in san diego. the SD fans to OAK fan ratio herre is about 1:1.

Living here in the middle of the AFCW i have learned two things about the CBs. woodson and bailey are greatly overrated. they are all speed and very little cover skill for being coveted as "shut down CBs"...

so you ask me how i know? not from their stats, but from actually watching them...

What are you talking about, I can see people making an argument for Woodson being overrated (he is stil top-5, but it is a matter of opinion) but Bailey? You sound like all those people who talk about how he isn't good because he got blown up by CJ and Jerry Porter (in the snow).

People are just jumping on the "bash the stud corner" bandwagons.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby UNDEFEATED » Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:21 pm

Raiders just secured another day 1 draft pick.

Trading Doug Jolley to the Jets in exchange for #26 draft pick...

With all this happening....i think the Raiders are going to pick up a QB :-?

I am loving the Raiders front office right now.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby RayVins » Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:01 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
RayVins wrote:
Flux wrote:RayVins, what proof do you have that all those other CBs you mentioned are better than him?

Im not saying Woodson is or is not a top 5 CB, but you cant judge CBs by statistical categories. A true shut down corner will rarely be thrown at and therefore wont show much in terms of numbers.

i dont know about you, but i get to watch the raiders almost every week because i live in san diego. the SD fans to OAK fan ratio herre is about 1:1.

Living here in the middle of the AFCW i have learned two things about the CBs. woodson and bailey are greatly overrated. they are all speed and very little cover skill for being coveted as "shut down CBs"...

so you ask me how i know? not from their stats, but from actually watching them...

What are you talking about, I can see people making an argument for Woodson being overrated (he is stil top-5, but it is a matter of opinion) but Bailey? You sound like all those people who talk about how he isn't good because he got blown up by CJ and Jerry Porter (in the snow).

People are just jumping on the "bash the stud corner" bandwagons.

we wernt even talking about bailey, i just mentioned him. it was beside the point...
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mtryanks12 » Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:12 pm

Here are this year's top Secondary stats:

Interceptions:
9-Reed
8-James
6-Clements
Dyson
Lucas
Gamble
Robinson
5-Darius
Mathis
Polamalu
Trufant
Sheppard
Springs
Vasher
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby RayVins » Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:14 pm

mtryanks12 wrote:Here are this year's top Secondary stats:

Interceptions:
9-Reed
8-James
6-Clements
Dyson
Lucas
Gamble
Robinson
5-Darius
Mathis
Polamalu
Trufant
Sheppard
Springs
Vasher

like we said before, you cant really measure a CBs worth by his INT stat. a safety maybe, but not corners...
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby UNDEFEATED » Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:15 pm

Interceptions:
9-Reed
8-James
6-Clements
Dyson
Lucas
Gamble
Robinson
5-Darius
Mathis
Polamalu
Trufant
Sheppard
Springs
Vasher

dude, you know its not all about stats....lots of things do not make it onto the stat sheet.

Unless you also have passes defended stats and completion-incompletion towards those defenders...to mention a few.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby RayVins » Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:16 pm

UNDEFEATED wrote:

Interceptions:
9-Reed
8-James
6-Clements
Dyson
Lucas
Gamble
Robinson
5-Darius
Mathis
Polamalu
Trufant
Sheppard
Springs
Vasher

dude, you know its not all about stats....lots of things do not make it onto the stat sheet.

Unless you also have passes defended stats and completion-incompletion towards those defenders...to mention a few.

i wish they made those stats... those would be waaayyyy useful...
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mtryanks12 » Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:19 pm

Here are this year's top Secondary stats:

Interceptions:
9-Reed
8-James
6-Clements
Dyson
Lucas
Gamble
Robinson
5-Darius
Mathis
Polamalu
Trufant
Sheppard
Springs
Vasher
McKenzie
Butler
4-David
Freeman
Surtain
Knight
Wilson
Coleman
O'Neal
Henry
Townsend
1-WOODSON

There you have it, nearly one hundred players had similar or higher INT totals than him last season. I only listed the top 27, but there are a lot moe, trust me.
I'm too tired to find the other stats, but I know that the was not in the top 50 for tackles or sacks.
I personally think that woodson is over rated, and based on last years totals, he shouldn't pretend to be a show-off.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby UNDEFEATED » Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:28 pm

Saying the guy only had ONE int...Can be constured into a million things.

-how many games did he play?
-how many times did they throw the ball in his direction?
-if they threw the ball in his direction ONE TIME....and he INT'ed that one pass...he must be damn good...Cuz i know for damn sure his ratio is going to be higher than others.
-100% int to pass thrown to ratio.
-THEY Hardly passed the ball in his direction
-QBs and OCs are scared to go to his side of the field.
-If his tackle count is low....maybe the wr going up against him did not catch the ball alot
-if his tackle count is high...how did that wr catch so many balls. He must suck.
you see where i am going with this.....But your stats are cool, but leave a lot open to questioning.

Rayvins....Ill bet you the coaches have those stats i mentioned above...just isn't public knowledge.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby RayVins » Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:32 pm

UNDEFEATED wrote:Rayvins....Ill bet you the coaches have those stats i mentioned above...just isn't public knowledge.

yeah im sure... it would be nice to be privy to that info...
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk