Bad News for Redskins/Ramsey Fans... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Bad News for Redskins/Ramsey Fans...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Bad News for Redskins/Ramsey Fans...

Postby RayVins » Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:12 pm

Redskins | Ramsey on the Way Out?
Tue, 19 Apr 2005 19:54:45 -0700

ESPN's Len Pasquarelli reports the Washington Redskins may entertain trade offers for QB Patrick Ramsey if they are able to select NFL Draft prospect QB Jason Campbell (Auburn) with the No. 25 overall pick in the NFL Draft. Redskin coaches and scouts regard Campbell as on par with QB Alex Smith of Utah and California QB Aaron Rodgers, generally regarded as the top two quarterback prospects. Washington isn't expected to shop Ramsey unless they feel Campbell can compete for the starting job immediately, should they draft him.

Redskins | Eyeing Campbell With No. 25 Overall Selection
Tue, 19 Apr 2005 19:45:44 -0700

ESPN's Len Pasquarelli reports the Washington Redskins are hoping to land NFL Draft prospect QB Jason Campbell (Auburn) with the No. 25 overall selection in the NFL Draft, a choice that was acquired recently in a trade with the Denver Broncos. Redskin coaches and scouts regard Campbell as on par with QB Alex Smith of Utah and California QB Aaron Rodgers, generally regarded as the top two quarterback prospects. A lengthy film study of Campbell further strengthened Washington's resolve to move on the Auburn quarterback.

so not only may the Redskins give Ramsey the boot without a fair chance to start, but they will prematurely take campbell with their newly aquired 1st rounder...

looks like another year in the cellar for you guys...
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Manja » Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:14 pm

I like Ramsey, even though he is a Redskin. A tough quarterback, no doubt.
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby chaindog35 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:31 pm

i think campbell is the type of guy they need, but a reach at #25
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1)

Postby CC » Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:41 pm

Campbell would be a good pick, I don't think Ramsey will ever amount to anything.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RayVins » Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:50 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Campbell would be a good pick, I don't think Ramsey will ever amount to anything.

at least ramsey he has the potential to play big in the nfl, campbell is unproven and a huge reach at #25 overall...
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:03 pm

This could be a good sign for the Skins.

Generally, they have an AMAZING offseason and get everyone's hopes WAY up, and then suck.

So maybe with a terrible offseason, they'll reverse their fortunes and actually have a good season.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Evolution » Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:26 pm

Are you serious? They will take CAMPBELL with that pick?! I think Frye's a better QB and even he can be had in the 2nd round.

This must either be serious Redskin thinking, or the worst smokescreen I've ever seen. This resembles the Losman deal last year if it happens, although I think Losman was better value than Campbell would be.
[b][url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=224384]What happened to Evo?[/url][/b]
Evolution
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby RayVins » Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:04 am

Evolution wrote:Are you serious? They will take CAMPBELL with that pick?! I think Frye's a better QB and even he can be had in the 2nd round.

This must either be serious Redskin thinking, or the worst smokescreen I've ever seen. This resembles the Losman deal last year if it happens, although I think Losman was better value than Campbell would be.

they are hot on campbell and are willing to spend that 1st rounder on him, i doubt its a smokescreen...
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby proKrastinate » Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:42 am

i dont know too much about the value of draft picks, but it seems to me they paid a little too much to get that first rounder. Giving up a 3rd this year, and a 1st and 4th next year, just to acquire a 1st this year.
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby maddog60 » Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:51 am

I do think the Redskins need to address the QB issue. They may have very well gotten Campbell in the 2nd round, and I'm not as high on Frye as others, but I do think #25 is a reach for Campbell.

Maybe they plan on gettting an impact DE with that pick or WR, then have the option to take Campbell in the 2nd round. They paid top dollar for this pick, but if they get a franchise QB because of it, it's worth the loss.

Oh, and Ramsey sucks. He was the backup to start the season for a reason, and things only got worse when he was put in. He hasn't shown me any reason why a coach should let him play when he can take a chance on improving his QB position, as Ramsey would make one of the league's worst starters.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Football Talk