Bad News for Redskins/Ramsey Fans... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Bad News for Redskins/Ramsey Fans...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby GMoney » Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:03 am

Sure 25 is a bit of a reach for Campbell. But you can guarantee he wont last past pick #35 ....

With the likes of SF and Cle picking early in the 2nd round.. they are both rumored to be interested in him. Also it wouldnt shock ANYONE to see the eagles draft a very capable backup with pick #31 or 34. since they dont really have one at the moment and may see great value with campbell at those picks....

so be safe... trade with whos willing to trade with you and take the QB you like... I dont mind a GM who makes a move and sticks to his guns... if he rates Campbell as a top prospect... go get him.

HOWEVER i have read that Washinton has announced their 2 biggest needs in the draft are CB and WR and this moves allows them to address both in the 1st round....

I am expecting a #9 williamson and #25 Washington/Jackson/Miller

or #9 Rodgers/Rolle/Jones and #25 Roddy White.
GMoney
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:09 am

GMoney wrote:Also it wouldnt shock ANYONE to see the eagles draft a very capable backup with pick #31 or 34. since they dont really have one at the moment and may see great value with campbell at those picks....

Actually, that would cause Philly to riot. That would be a ridiculously awful move on their part, with much more pressing needs at LB, WR, RB, OT, DT, and TE. Bet money the Eagles don't take a QB with that pick, and you'll be richer after draft day.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby GMoney » Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:26 am

all I was trying to imply is that the eagles are probably a team in the best position in the Draft this year.

They have very small holes to fill and ALOT of 1st day picks. If they see value with Campbell and they do have a need at backup QB they would take him....

Now i have no idea how they value Campbell or how they value other players who might be left... But if they take a WR in the 1st and see good DLine prospects in the late 2nd or 3rd... they might be happy to see campbell in an eagles uniform.
GMoney
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Gunslinger » Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:20 am

GMoney wrote:i have read that Washinton has announced their 2 biggest needs in the draft are CB and WR and this moves allows them to address both in the 1st round....

I am expecting a #9 williamson and #25 Washington/Jackson/Miller

or #9 Rodgers/Rolle/Jones and #25 Roddy White.

That was my first thought when I saw that they had acquired the #25 pick.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby PSU All Day » Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:27 am

The real question is why not wait until draft day when you see how things shake out a bit?

I doubt that it would have cost MORE than what they gave up and if they are trying to get ahead of someone to insure that they get the guy they want, why risk that team leap frogging over them between today and Saturday?

On the Eagles, keep in mind the draft a few years ago when they took 3 cornerbacks in the first three rounds or so when they had two pro bowlers at that position. At the time the fans screamed. turned out to be brilliant.

I think the Eagles are going to surprise us come Saturday.
PSU All Day
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby mtryanks12 » Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:16 am

I think the redskins are really not thinking right to even be considering Campbell at #25 overall. Sure, he's a good QB, but #25 overall is a HUGE reach, especially at a spot where they should logically go for a DE. DE is what they need more than a QB in teh first round. Right now, they still have Brunell, who may not be the best, but they could manage a season with him as their QB. I know that they need to draft a QB at some point during the draft, but I don't think that they should do it in the first round. Who knows, Campbell may even be around by the time their second pick rolls around.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby ravage » Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:09 am

CBSsportsline reports that Washington is probably looking at WR with the pick acquired from Denver.

So that means Ramsey would stay and Washington would have their pick of WRs like Williamson, Clayton, and/or White. Just a little different spin.
ravage
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:18 am

proKrastinate wrote:i dont know too much about the value of draft picks, but it seems to me they paid a little too much to get that first rounder. Giving up a 3rd this year, and a 1st and 4th next year, just to acquire a 1st this year.

Picks in the following year are less valuable than current year picks because you can't use them for a year. Generally next year picks are thought of as a round lower under this principle.

So those picks would equal a 2nd, 3rd, and 5th pick from this year value wise. Remember Denver is only going to be seeing a 3rd rounder this year and they are no longer in the first round.
----

P.S. the closer your get to draft day the more it would have costed to trade for this pick. Good move for the Redskins if they like Campbell as their QB. Seems like Ramsey is not the answer that Joe Gibbs wants for his team.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Trainer of Dolphins » Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:29 pm

I am not sure that even Roddy White will be around there so they may have to take Campbell or someone else.

I could see
Braylon and M. Williams going in top 10
Williamson going 12-15 (SD,HOU, CAR)
Dallas taking Clayton at 20
Roddy White going to BAL at 22

This leaves the Deadskins (assuming they drafted a CB Pacman or Rolle with their 9th overall pick) stuck without a WR on the board there for value

--->If Dallas would take Williamson at 11 then Roddy would be available I guess

I CANT WAIT FOR THE DRAFT BABY!!!!!
Trainer of Dolphins
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Football Talk