NFL DRAFT COMMENTS - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

NFL DRAFT COMMENTS

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:41 pm

The Mike Nugent pick was a bit surprising, but a good kicker meant that the Jets would have been in the AFC championship, and Nugent seems very promising.

I am VERY happy with the Justin Miller pick, he could have been a first rounder, so he can come in and contribute immediately.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby daullaz » Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:47 pm

whoseyourdaddy12 wrote:can anbody tell me who the QB mcpherson went to? he was an arena qb once now he entered the draft this yr. i was wondering what team would give him the 2nd chance after he did something and got kicked out of his team and school. anybody???

McPherson is still on the board at the end of round 3. He looks to go somewhere early tomorrow.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Atog » Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:54 pm

Ernest Shazor stuck around too, suprisingly.
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby joshyboy72 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:26 pm

How the hell did the Saints take Alfred Fincher over Daryl Blackstock when our biggest need is an outside linebacker, and Blackstock has the talent to be a late first rounder...?

By the way I missed pretty much the entire second round, but saw the third, so if there was any reason for Blackstock to fall that far that I missed or something, well then ignore this post.
;-)
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Crimedogg32 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:54 pm

I thought the Clarett pick was intersting considering alot of team didnt have him on there draft board to go day one
Crimedogg32
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby warrick95 » Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:49 pm

AD is a steal in the 5th (I love it, too, since I've always loved the Saints)...so's Robert McCune, based on pure physical ability. Yes, he's raw, yes, he'll be a 26-year old player, but he has superb character and tools. Nearly 250 lbs...runs a 4.5 40. Somebody has to give Antajj Hawthorne a shot here. Sure, he does pot, but he was a rumored 1st round pick earlier in the year. I'm shocked that Cincy went for an OT over a DT (Hawthorne) in the 5th. They need depth at OT, but not over a need like DT. Marvin said that they don't need a DT at all and that wasn't the problem with the run D, but that is an absolute joke. The top three DTs on the team are John Thornton, Bryan Robinson, and Matthias Askew.

Somebody should take a flyer on Larry Brackins soon...
"The son of Bobby Bowden once again proved he's as predictable as a Julia Roberts' movie.

And upon further review, just as sappy, too."
-Naples Daily News
warrick95
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Trying to clog the leaky Bengals defense with plastic putty...

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:08 pm

I like the Adrian McPherson pick, because he has such tremendous upside. I mean, it is a risk, but it could turn out great for the Saints. He is so athletic, and has a body that is perfect for the NFL.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby MadScott » Sat Apr 30, 2005 2:13 pm

Just a few things in brief as I've only seen part of the draft list but Dallas did an outstanding job with their first 3 picks in my estimation.

I thought Clarrett was an interesting fit for the Broncos, perhaps at the FB position.

Biggest shock to me had to be pick #7 when the Vikes took Williamson over Williams. That WR corps in Detroit is now potentially the best in the NFL.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Sun May 01, 2005 9:30 pm

MadScott wrote:Just a few things in brief as I've only seen part of the draft list but Dallas did an outstanding job with their first 3 picks in my estimation.

I thought Clarrett was an interesting fit for the Broncos, perhaps at the FB position.

Biggest shock to me had to be pick #7 when the Vikes took Williamson over Williams. That WR corps in Detroit is now potentially the best in the NFL.

I don't really like what dallas did to tell you the truth. I felt like they needed to upgrade the offense, and they shouldnt have used both first rounders on Defense.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting