Sapp's fan letters up for auction - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Sapp's fan letters up for auction

Moderator: Football Moderators

Sapp's fan letters up for auction

Postby Santacruzer » Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:00 pm

This is just wrong if you ask me. Imagine some kid who sends his Idol a letter, to have it end up in some grubby collection.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2041668&CMP=OTC-DT9705204233

Warren Sapp never mails it in.

Letters his fans sent, however, might become the latest in fetish memorabilia.

A Florida company has a 5-pound box of unopened mail sent by fans of the former Buccaneer, The Tampa Tribune reported in Wednesday's editions.

Kincaid Auction Co. will sell materials from PSC Collectibles, a sports memorabilia distributor that filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy. The auctioneers are checking whether they can legally sell the letters.

"Of course, under our license, we can't do anything that's against the law," Randy Kincaid told the paper. "But we feel quite certain that [the box of fan mail addressed to Sapp] is legitimately owned by the party we got it from."

Kenny Lindsay, president of American Eagle Auction & Appraisal Co. in Livonia, Mich., looked at the inventory.

"It's a bittersweet find simply because you feel bad for the fans who took the time to write Mr. Sapp and got nothing in return," Lindsay told the Tribune. "On the other hand, this is a spectacular and one-of-a-kind collection for the sports memorabilia enthusiast.

"It took me a minute to comprehend exactly what I was looking at," Kincaid added. "... All the mail is dated from 2001, when Sapp played with the Bucs."
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sixxgunn » Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:04 pm

Why whould anyone want fan mail?It's not like the letters were from Sapp,they were to him,meaning some kid in Iowa with nothing better to do wrote it,making the letter completely worthless to anyone other than the kid himself!
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby J2thez929 » Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:09 pm

Someone who is very nosey will buy em...
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Santacruzer » Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:13 pm

If you go to the link, there is more info and links about "Fettish" memorabilia. Strange people out there :-o
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby catch22 » Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:33 pm

What a waste of time.
"If you're playing a poker game and you look around the table and can't tell who the sucker is.......... it's you."

How 'bout them Cowboys!!!!
catch22
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby UNDEFEATED » Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:10 pm

Did Warren touch the mail?

Did his body rub up against the mail?

Is one of Warrens body hair stuck on the corner of the envelope?

I looooove Warren Sapp. He is my daddy...oops i mean favorite...

j/k

thats freaking crazy.....Maybe if it was mailed to Oakland or the Raiders org...i might buy it. :-B j/k

yeah, i do not get people sometimes.

As a matter of fact i really don't like people in general.

I HATE YOU........ :-P :-P :-P

Its ok...im ok now...the pretty bird told me she, "loves me!"

Ooohhh man....Crazy people. Gotta love them. We all have one or two in our immediate family. My enitre family is nuts. From my grandmother-mother-sister-father-myself-down to my little nephew... :-o
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:31 pm

i cant believe anyone would actually want this stuff :-o .

if any of you guys are interested i can bust out 5 pounds of letters to the player of your choice and you can buy it from me. :-? :-)
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby UNDEFEATED » Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:36 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:i cant believe anyone would actually want this stuff :-o .

if any of you guys are interested i can bust out 5 pounds of letters to the player of your choice and you can buy it from me. :-? :-)

Yeah can i get letter from RICKY WILLIAMS?

And can you write it on "rolling papers?"

:-° :-° give D-lux

:-° :-° give it back to UndefeateD

:-° :-° give D_lux
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby mtryanks12 » Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:00 pm

I think that's really bad. I mean, if the kids who wrote to him find out that he never touched the letter and it was auctioned off, that would make them very sad. Warren doesn't have to reply to all of them, but he could at least read them and smile before they are sent away. I'll even buy them and mail them back to the kids.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Return to General Talk