Jolley to the Jets - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jolley to the Jets

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:11 pm

Must be another reason to this one for me...like cap or something. Jolley is good...but Baker and Becht seem serviceable to me. Baker is a sleeper in the making this year, and a redzone threat..Becht has dropped his share of passes, but I guess I didn't know Jolley was worth that trade..

The Raiders lose a TE that wasn't going to be a main part of the offense with Jordan, Porter, and Moss...and get a 1st rd pick. Seems like they make out to me in this one.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:16 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:Must be another reason to this one for me...like cap or something. Jolley is good...but Baker and Becht seem serviceable to me. Baker is a sleeper in the making this year, and a redzone threat..Becht has dropped his share of passes, but I guess I didn't know Jolley was worth that trade..

The Raiders lose a TE that wasn't going to be a main part of the offense with Jordan, Porter, and Moss...and get a 1st rd pick. Seems like they make out to me in this one.

Becht is gone to TB, my man...that's why I was so high on Baker. Now I don't know what to think.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:28 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:
SwiperNoSwiping wrote:Must be another reason to this one for me...like cap or something. Jolley is good...but Baker and Becht seem serviceable to me. Baker is a sleeper in the making this year, and a redzone threat..Becht has dropped his share of passes, but I guess I didn't know Jolley was worth that trade..

Becht is gone to TB, my man...that's why I was so high on Baker. Now I don't know what to think.

Crap, I didn't know that...Sorry my bad guys.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:30 pm

Still a bad trade, Jolley has no game.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby portisfan24 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:10 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Still a bad trade, Jolley has no game.

Agreed. Ill draw this comparison. The Jets essentially moved down about 20 spots. To do that, Im going to want at least a third rounder, possibly a second. Is Jolley the equivalent to a second rounder? Hell no.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Trainer of Dolphins » Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:24 am

So what do the Raiders do now?

CB or LB right?

Justin Miller
Marlin Jackson
Fabian Washington

someone like that? Basically what I expecte the Jets to draft so no big deal with my mock
Trainer of Dolphins
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Evolution » Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:35 am

Trainer of Dolphins wrote:So what do the Raiders do now?

CB or LB right?

Justin Miller
Marlin Jackson
Fabian Washington

someone like that? Basically what I expecte the Jets to draft so no big deal with my mock

2nd stupid trade in as many days.

Expect the Raiders to take either Channing Crowder to replace Harris in the middle, or one of the young CBs to replace Buchanon. Either way they gave up a garbage player (IMO) to move up 20 slots.
[b][url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=224384]What happened to Evo?[/url][/b]
Evolution
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby vdragon78 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:33 am

portisfan24 wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Still a bad trade, Jolley has no game.

Agreed. Ill draw this comparison. The Jets essentially moved down about 20 spots. To do that, Im going to want at least a third rounder, possibly a second. Is Jolley the equivalent to a second rounder? Hell no.

the jets moved down 20 spots for Jolley + 2 6th round picks.

this trade is nowhere nearly as lopsided as you guys think. I actually like this trade for the jets.
vdragon78
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby vdragon78 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:39 am

oh, and the Jets have been vocal about the fact that they don't see anybody worth taking with the 26th pick and paying 1st round money to... They wanted to trade down -- that's another + for the Jets in this one.
vdragon78
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby monkey69 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:13 am

Someone asked which 2nd rond pick OAK has
they got 2nd round, 47th pick and a 3rd rounder from Houston for CB Buchanon
They turned around and gave that 2nd rounder, 47th pick along with TE Doug Jolley to the Jets for a 1st round, 26th pick

The Raiders kept their higher 2nd round pick, 38th pick, I believe
Not bad for the Raiders - NOt so great for the jets - I don't think Jolley would be so much better than Heath Miller
16-teams - 1pt per 10yds rush/receive, 1 pt per 25 yds pass,No PPR
QB(1): Orton,Leftwich,Leinart
RB(2): Jones-Drew, Grant, Cadillac, L Washington, J Davis, Bernard Scott
WR(2): R. White, V. Jackson
TE(1): D. Clark, J. Finley
K(1): Gould
Def(1): BALT,GNB
monkey69
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext