Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby steelyeri » Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:37 am

UNDEFEATED wrote:Hell Yeah...

Now the Raiders get a late 1st round pick... ;-D

to go with their 2 2nd rounders

and 2 3rd rounders

5 picks in the first day....

The Raiders are going to pick-up Adrian Mcpherson...watch ;-D

If not him...some type of QB, if they do not package their picks for a top 10 pick.

Hey Undefeated, I'm hearing that Al Davis absolutely loves Alex Walter (QB, AZ state). If he is sure he can get him later he will, but if he thinks someone will take him before the Raider's second pick don't be shocked if he takes him in the first. It's still kinda early to say but that's what I'm hearing right now.
Last edited by steelyeri on Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby kashikis » Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:40 am

I actually think this was a solid trade for both teams.

The Jets get Jolley, #47 pick (2nd round), and 2 6th round picks for their late 1st rounder and a 7th round pick.

Also If they drafted Heath Miller as everyone thought, they're not getting a locked up starter. This guy has serious injury concerns. That being said they get Jolley, an avg TE, instead of Miller, unproven rookie with injuries, and get a 2nd and 2 6th round picks. IMO that's about as good of value as you can get.

Couple that with the fact they wanted to trade down anyway and you got a winner.
No really, I'm not having a bad day.

What the hell.... is goin' on.... in the NFL?!
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:49 am

Win/Win for both sides.

Doug Jolley was a 2nd round pick 3 years ago and he is a servicable TE, can run and block and should be a starter in NY. Jets only had to move down 20 picks (where they can get a comparable CB to the #26 pick for a lot less money) AND they get a starting TE that they desperately needed AND an additional late round pick for value.
-------
Raider's are gonna be the Arizona Cardinal's of this draft IMO, 2 or 3 first day rookies are gonna start on this team....Buchannon will be replaced, Harris will be replaced and Jolley will not be missed. Teyo Johnson is a promising young TE that could have surpassed Jolley this season anyways, he's a below average blocker/above average pass catcher type.... increases Kerry Collings stock and hurts Lamont Jordan's if anything.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby RayVins » Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:11 pm

HERE IS THE REAL DEAL:

Raiders | Three Draft Choices Follow Jolley to Jets
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 06:40:20 -0700

Updating previous reports, ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the complete trade between the New York Jets and Oakland Raiders has the Jets sending their first-round pick (No. 26 overall) and a seventh-round pick (No. 230 overall) to the Raiders. The Raiders are sending TE Doug Jolley, a second-round draft choice acquired from the Houston Texans (No. 47 overall) and two sixth-round choices (No. 182 and No. 185) to the Jets.

so its...

OAK
-TE Doug Jolley
-#47 overall (2nd round from HOU)
-#182 overall (6th round)
-#185 overall (6th round)

-for-

NYJ
-#26 overall (1st round)
-#230 overall (7th round)
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mtryanks12 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:54 pm

Now the deal looks better than before. :-)
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Previous

Return to Football Talk