Boulware trade.... any chance?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Boulware trade.... any chance??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Boulware trade.... any chance??

Postby jkpigskin » Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:44 pm

as a raven fan at school.. everybody wants boulware shipped with our 1st rounder for a better pick... 2 move up to maybe get mike williams... is there any chance this will happen?? cause with the move to 4-3 the ravens will have 2 many linebackers....

o and my first time in football forum...looks real active, have been in baseball but not football.. well wateva..
jkpigskin
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby no1cowboysfan » Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:47 pm

welcome to the Cafe then...

I'd say the chances of this happening are slim, as Bowlware is getting up there in age, and now people will be second guessing whether or not he might get injured. He might be packaged in a larger trade though.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:53 pm

I don't see it happening, with Boulwares injury problems and massive contract it just doesn't seem practical. Plus all the teams in position to draft Mike Williams are going to want more than Boulware + the 22.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Boulware trade.... any chance??

Postby RayVins » Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:54 pm

jkpigskin wrote:as a raven fan at school.. everybody wants boulware shipped with our 1st rounder for a better pick... 2 move up to maybe get mike williams... is there any chance this will happen?? cause with the move to 4-3 the ravens will have 2 many linebackers....

o and my first time in football forum...looks real active, have been in baseball but not football.. well wateva..

two things:
#1- the ravens wont trade up in the draft for anyone. we want to preserve as much cap space as possible so if anything we trade down...
#2- we dont have too many LBs. suggs is on the ground next year, starting at DE. so our WLB will be tommy polley, while the SLB is thomas, ans ILB is of course mr. lewis. boulware will play SLB/DE in obvious pass ruch situations.

the only way we trade him come draft day is player-for-player...
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby UNDEFEATED » Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:57 pm

oooohhhh man,

You are going to freaking love it here.

If you aren't hooked after your first week.

Then you just aren't hardcore enough to be my friend... :*) j/k

This place is awesome. Before the Cafe i used to beat women to relieve my stress. Since then, i have spent a lot less time in jail. !+)

And regarding your question. Boulware has too much talent to simply be traded for a rookie pick. I would rather have him on my bench than on another team dreaming about destroying the team that traded him away.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Vikes Rule 88 » Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:01 pm

Sounds good to me... boulware + 22 for #7... hell I think we could throw in 18. Too bad no one listens too me :-/

need a sig? PM me
Vikes Rule 88 Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby RayVins » Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:03 pm

Vikes Rule 88 wrote:Sounds good to me... boulware + 22 for #7... hell I think we could throw in 18. Too bad no one listens too me :-/

believe me i was waiting for the ravens FO to offer boulware and #22 for moss but they never did apparently...

because im pretty sure vike fans would rather of had boulware to harris...
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby CC » Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:22 pm

RayVins wrote:
Vikes Rule 88 wrote:Sounds good to me... boulware + 22 for #7... hell I think we could throw in 18. Too bad no one listens too me :-/

believe me i was waiting for the ravens FO to offer boulware and #22 for moss but they never did apparently...

Then again, Harris is a lot cheaper and the #7 pick is better than the #22.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jkpigskin » Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:06 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
RayVins wrote:

Then again, Harris is a lot cheaper and the #7 pick is better than the #22.

true..... so if we keep boulware.. will adalius and him share time... and boulware we get some reps at LB and DE??
jkpigskin
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby treat24 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:22 am

UNDEFEATED wrote:
This place is awesome. Before the Cafe i used to beat women to relieve my stress. Since then, i have spent a lot less time in jail. !+)

that's funny, cuz i spend more time in jail for beating up random people... in search of you... J/K
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Next

Return to Football Talk