Boulware trade.... any chance?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Boulware trade.... any chance??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby RayVins » Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:19 pm

jkpigskin wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
RayVins wrote:
Vikes Rule 88 wrote:Sounds good to me... boulware + 22 for #7... hell I think we could throw in 18. Too bad no one listens too me :-/

believe me i was waiting for the ravens FO to offer boulware and #22 for moss but they never did apparently...

because im pretty sure vike fans would rather of had boulware to harris...

Then again, Harris is a lot cheaper and the #7 pick is better than the #22.

true..... so if we keep boulware.. will adalius and him share time... and boulware we get some reps at LB and DE??

boulware wont so much split time as be an all-out pass rusher. OLB, DE you name it... if the situation calls for pressure on the QB, boulware is there...
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Boulware trade.... any chance??

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:30 pm

RayVins wrote:
jkpigskin wrote:as a raven fan at school.. everybody wants boulware shipped with our 1st rounder for a better pick... 2 move up to maybe get mike williams... is there any chance this will happen?? cause with the move to 4-3 the ravens will have 2 many linebackers....

o and my first time in football forum...looks real active, have been in baseball but not football.. well wateva..

two things:
#1- the ravens wont trade up in the draft for anyone. we want to preserve as much cap space as possible so if anything we trade down...
#2- we dont have too many LBs. suggs is on the ground next year, starting at DE. so our WLB will be tommy polley, while the SLB is thomas, ans ILB is of course mr. lewis. boulware will play SLB/DE in obvious pass ruch situations.

the only way we trade him come draft day is player-for-player...

i agree with this. i dont think a trade will happen.

btw...welcome to the football cafe...always good to see another ravens fan
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mtryanks12 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:51 pm

Welcome too, from one Ravens fna to another.

Boulware is too old and demands too much money for mabny teams to consider him, plus the #22 pick isn't the most attractive. We'd have to add in another player for a trade like this to go through on draft day, plus there are all the injury concern related to him, so he's pretty unattractive ATM.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby RayVins » Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:54 pm

mtryanks12 wrote:Welcome too, from one Ravens fna to another.

Boulware is too old and demands too much money for mabny teams to consider him, plus the #22 pick isn't the most attractive. We'd have to add in another player for a trade like this to go through on draft day, plus there are all the injury concern related to him, so he's pretty unattractive ATM.

why does everyone think boulware is done?

he is only 30 with 8 years in the league. lets not forget that before 2004 he was one of the best OLB in the league.

not to mention i am sure he will take less money after a year of injuries...

boulware has 2 or 3 good years left in him and i hope he finishes his career in baltimore...
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mtryanks12 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:02 pm

NOTE:: If he doesn't get injured he'll have 2 or 3 more years left.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby no1cowboysfan » Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:04 am

mtryanks12 wrote:NOTE:: If he doesn't get injured he'll have 2 or 3 more years left.

MTR... lets play the counting game, ok?

Number of years Boulware played in before 2004: 7.
Number of games BOWLWARE DID NOT PLAY IN DURING THOSE 7 YEARS: ONE.

Therefore, in the 112 games from 1997-2003 in the NFL, Boulware played in 111 of them.

One bad injury, and suddenly he's injury-prone. Honestly Mtr, if you're just going to repeat what everyone else says all the time, at least put a little effort behind it. Thumbs down dude... your posts had been improving since you came back, but I'm starting to see you slip again. This is for your own benefit.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby RayVins » Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:06 am

no1cowboysfan wrote:
mtryanks12 wrote:NOTE:: If he doesn't get injured he'll have 2 or 3 more years left.

MTR... lets play the counting game, ok?

Number of years Boulware played in before 2004: 7.
Number of games BOWLWARE DID NOT PLAY IN DURING THOSE 7 YEARS: ONE.

Therefore, in the 112 games from 1997-2003 in the NFL, Boulware played in 111 of them.

One bad injury, and suddenly he's injury-prone. Honestly Mtr, if you're just going to repeat what everyone else says all the time, at least put a little effort behind it. Thimbs down dude... your posts had been improving since you came back, but I'm starting to see you slip again. This is for your own benefit.

well at least this a**-ripping is for his benefit... hahaha
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk