Rodgers could free fall. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rodgers could free fall.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rodgers could free fall.

Postby CC » Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:16 pm

Just what I'm hearing, the only chance of him going #1 is if Alex Smith is really unreasonable in his contract demands to the 49ers. If the 49ers pass on him, some people have him falling all the way to the Packers at 24. I doubt that, but there is a lot of talk he could really plummet.

When I know more expect my mock to undergo a major overhaul.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby no1cowboysfan » Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:19 pm

I think neither will go past #8... I've heard the freefall stories, but no way, no how.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby CC » Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:27 pm

I can't see him dropping past #5, the Bucs could definetly use him. But all this talk has to be acknowledged, it doesn't make sense to me at all though.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:36 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I can't see him dropping past #5, the Bucs could definetly use him. But all this talk has to be acknowledged, it doesn't make sense to me at all though.

Why does no one have faith in Griese? He is a solid QB... he didn't sign that deal for nothing, you know. Whether the Bucs get a QB or not is beyond me.. but Griese is still a good QB.

no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby CC » Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:38 pm

I think you are reaching, Griese is serviceable. He's never going to take you past the 1st round of the playoffs, I don't have a big problem but after reading that the Bucs like Rodgers I can't see them passing on him at 5.
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby chaindog35 » Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:38 pm

I don't see rodgers falling to the pack. But he could drop down out of the top ten. Although, i think zona and tenn would have to be tempted.
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Manja » Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:58 pm

chaindog35 wrote:I don't see rodgers falling to the pack. But he could drop down out of the top ten. Although, i think zona and tenn would have to be tempted.

Out of the top 10 is just enough for me...
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby portisfan24 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:17 am

Hmm with Miami talking now of taking a QB and Zona in the need, I cant really see it.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:24 am

Manja wrote:
chaindog35 wrote:I don't see rodgers falling to the pack. But he could drop down out of the top ten. Although, i think zona and tenn would have to be tempted.

Out of the top 10 is just enough for me...

Parcells and JJ won't draft a QB, no matter who it is... so dont get your hopes up.

no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby GMoney » Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:30 am

i love all you people who say the bucs wont draft a QB because Greise didnt sign that brand new long term deal for nothing....

THAT IS A 1 YEAR DEAL.

it was structured just like his last 1 was... sounds all nice 30 million or whatever but his salary for this year is like 3 million and he is due a redicuals amount again next year (8-10 million ish)... now OBVIOUSLY that means hes gonna have to restructure again next year or get cut...

this was not the long term deal you people think... thats the beauty of the NFL system.
GMoney
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Next

Return to Football Talk