49ers and Rodgers Agree in Principle... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

49ers and Rodgers Agree in Principle...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Sixxgunn » Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:55 am

bigGAME101 wrote:I feel bad for SF....really, really bad. I mean, the common trends of the day would suggest taking a QB with the no.1, but I dont see either of these guys evolving into franchise QB's. If I was SF, I would trade down, and if not possible, take edwards or the CB of choice, and get your QB in the second round. I honestly believe there will be more franchise QBs in the second or third this year than taken in the first.

%-6 Yuck.I can't feel bad for the niners.They have done it to themselves by manipulating the cap for so long.The demise of this franchise was one of the sweetest moments in my football history,and wouldn't have felt any better if it happened to the Packers.But yes,I agree,the only way this team crawls out of the deep,deep hole they've dug for themselves is to package up and trade down for more picks.Take a page out of Jerry Angelo's book.It works.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby water boy » Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:56 pm

I hope the 49ers just forget going after a QB and go after the play maker Braylon Edwards.Go with Rattay.I think these 2 guys are going to be the next Rick Mirier and Ryan Leaf. :~(
water boy
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dazedncnfz » Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:01 pm

FanBall wrote:
The News

With rumors swirling that the Redskins are planning to select a quarterback with one of their two first-round picks in this weekend's draft, head coach Joe Gibbs played damage control with quarterback Patrick Ramsey on Thursday. "Patrick knows how we feel about him," Gibbs told the team's official website. "We are trying to get everything around him we can so he can do every single thing he has to do to get us going into the playoffs." Gibbs even went so far as to refer to Ramsey as "our starting quarterback."

Our View
On Wednesday, the buzz was that the Skins had acquired the No. 25 overall pick from the Broncos with the intent of selecting Auburn quarterback Jason Campbell. The rumors took another twist on Thursday when it was reported by ESPN that the Skins have discussed the possibility of acquiring the No. 1 pick from the 49ers in order to select Utah signal caller Alex Smith. Either way, it's not looking good for Ramsey's long-term future as the starter in Washington.

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RayVins » Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:03 pm

water boy wrote:I hope the 49ers just forget going after a QB and go after the play maker Braylon Edwards.Go with Rattay.I think these 2 guys are going to be the next Rick Mirier and Ryan Leaf. :~(

i agree.

stick with rattay and then screw the redskins by taking edwards with the #2 overall...
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk