CB Dyson to Seattle... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

CB Dyson to Seattle...

Moderator: Football Moderators

CB Dyson to Seattle...

Postby RayVins » Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:31 pm

Seahawks | Dyson Agrees to Five-Year Deal
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 11:51:44 -0700

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Seattle Seahawks have reached a five-year, $17.5 million contract agreement with free agent CB Andre Dyson (Titans) that includes a signing bonus of $3 million and a total of about $6 million in guarantees.


a good, cheap replacement for the departed lucas...
Image
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
Image
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1603
Joined: 17 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Pimpin' Purple Est. 1996

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:35 pm

Welcome to Tennesse Antrel Rolle.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 2131
Joined: 16 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Chicago.

Postby J2thez929 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:42 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:Welcome to Tennesse Antrel Rolle.


Or Pac-Man, but you are dead on ;-D
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8041
Joined: 6 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: C-Town, OH - Dawg Bone Country

Postby monkey69 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:49 pm

Well Seattle is making a lot of additions to its secondary

Herndon at CB
Dyson at CB
Sharper at OLB

Not too shabby

This might make them the odds on favorite for the NFC West champions over St Louis
16-teams - 1pt per 10yds rush/receive, 1 pt per 25 yds pass,No PPR
QB(1): Orton,Leftwich,Leinart
RB(2): Jones-Drew, Grant, Cadillac, L Washington, J Davis, Bernard Scott
WR(2): R. White, V. Jackson
TE(1): D. Clark, J. Finley
K(1): Gould
Def(1): BALT,GNB
monkey69
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2633
Joined: 18 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RayVins » Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:50 pm

i guess this puts herndon on the bench?
Image
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
Image
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1603
Joined: 17 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Pimpin' Purple Est. 1996

Postby RayVins » Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:46 pm

Seahawks | Dyson and Herndon Likely to Compete for Starting Job
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 14:45:24 -0700

Mike Sando, of the Tacoma News Tribune, reports Seattle Seahawks CB Andre Dyson would presumably compete with CB Kelly Herndon, who was also added during the offseason, for a starting job at cornerback.


answered my own question...

so whoever doesnt win the training camp battle sure us gonna get paid alot to sit...
Image
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
Image
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1603
Joined: 17 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Pimpin' Purple Est. 1996

Postby Evolution » Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:38 pm

RayVins wrote:
Seahawks | Dyson and Herndon Likely to Compete for Starting Job
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 14:45:24 -0700

Mike Sando, of the Tacoma News Tribune, reports Seattle Seahawks CB Andre Dyson would presumably compete with CB Kelly Herndon, who was also added during the offseason, for a starting job at cornerback.


answered my own question...

so whoever doesnt win the training camp battle sure us gonna get paid alot to sit...


Yeah, there's going to be an expensive nickel back right now. However, this could be planning for a worst-case scenario when Trufant's rookie contract expires. With the money corners are demanding these days, the Hawks could end up parting with Trufant to save cash (not that I'd want that) and have 2 guys who are on 3 million dollar annual contracts for 5 years who can do a decent job in the secondary.
Image
[b][url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=224384]What happened to Evo?[/url][/b]
Evolution
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 3896
Joined: 31 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Vancouver, BC

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:54 pm

Evolution wrote:
RayVins wrote:
Seahawks | Dyson and Herndon Likely to Compete for Starting Job
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 14:45:24 -0700

Mike Sando, of the Tacoma News Tribune, reports Seattle Seahawks CB Andre Dyson would presumably compete with CB Kelly Herndon, who was also added during the offseason, for a starting job at cornerback.


answered my own question...

so whoever doesnt win the training camp battle sure us gonna get paid alot to sit...


Yeah, there's going to be an expensive nickel back right now. However, this could be planning for a worst-case scenario when Trufant's rookie contract expires. With the money corners are demanding these days, the Hawks could end up parting with Trufant to save cash (not that I'd want that) and have 2 guys who are on 3 million dollar annual contracts for 5 years who can do a decent job in the secondary.



In our division you need 3 good corners,,,,,hell with our schedule alot of 3 deep pass happy O's,,,,,,,,,I like this move and with our LB's why not just play pure nickel
Image
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5422
Joined: 6 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby Evolution » Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:05 pm

Canadian Seahawk wrote:In our division you need 3 good corners,,,,,hell with our schedule alot of 3 deep pass happy O's,,,,,,,,,I like this move and with our LB's why not just play pure nickel


That's a good point. However, I dont think we have the run stuffing ability to play pure nickel. We had enough problems as-is with the 4-3 and even bringing a safety up we had problems (when you have lead footers like Kaz and White playing OLB, that leads to problems).
Image
[b][url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=224384]What happened to Evo?[/url][/b]
Evolution
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 3896
Joined: 31 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Vancouver, BC

Postby mtryanks12 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:42 pm

Dyson is a very solid CB who I see doing very well in seattle. Nice pickup. ;-D
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 4671
Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 17:17 hours
(and 35 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact