Trade proposals - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Trade proposals

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trade proposals

Postby thechill » Tue Sep 24, 2002 11:52 am

I have been playing Fantasy football for a long time now. I have always done trades as
Team A offer player X to
Team B for player y

hopefully he accepts or counter offers. then go back and forth until a reason trade is accepted.

towards the end of last year and the beginning of this year I have been seeing posts in the message boards of the league with comments like.

Looking for a WR. Willing to trade away a RB(usually a name)
or who would like to have so and so all trades welcome.

I see by posting a message you might be able to get more than you thought the player was worth.

just wondering for the general population how they offered their trades up.
thechill
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Chris » Tue Sep 24, 2002 2:43 pm

I've been running a league for 4 years now and I've noticed the guys in my league tend to lean more toward free agency than they do trading. For the most part, the message board approach does not seem to work very well and often goes ignored. If you have a player who you know is in demand and you can afford to part with him, then by all means put him on the message board. It seems like it would be a good way to drive up the price and start a bidding war between a few different teams, all to your benefit. But throughout our league, and as for me specifically, I've noticed the best way to approach a trade is just to go after what you're looking for. For instance, I was able to construct a 3-team trade last week which significantly upgraded my RB position with minimal loss to me. Without approaching the owners and talking out the details, I would never be able to work this type of move out.
Chris

Friendliness: %

Postby Guttpuppy » Tue Sep 24, 2002 6:59 pm

In my 2 "friend" leagues it's usually done face to face over a couple beers.However it's usually just talk and the bulk of the transactions happen via free agency.In 2 leagues on line,I have proposed trades with no response.The 1 message board is used very little for "trashtalk",the other is apparently only used by me.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Return to Football Talk