ESPN Sportcenter Draft Special - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

ESPN Sportcenter Draft Special

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby cooleyhigh » Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:48 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
Goatwhacker wrote:Yeah, I just watched that. The only guy who really liked Williams was Mel Kiper - that's scary.

why all the shots at mel kiper jr.? there is no one in the country better than him...

I believe this shot was directed at all the other idiots on the show, specifically Hoge who believes Mike Williams is a plodder and should play TE :-b
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby PackerAttack84 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:39 am

cooleyhigh wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
Goatwhacker wrote:Yeah, I just watched that. The only guy who really liked Williams was Mel Kiper - that's scary.

why all the shots at mel kiper jr.? there is no one in the country better than him...

I believe this shot was directed at all the other idiots on the show, specifically Hoge who believes Mike Williams is a plodder and should play TE :-b

Yeah. He was saying that Kiper was the ONLY one that picked Williams to go high, all the other guys had him going a lot later.
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:48 am

PackerAttack84 wrote:
cooleyhigh wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:

Yeah. He was saying that Kiper was the ONLY one that picked Williams to go high, all the other guys had him going a lot later.

i've neve seen kiper say mike williams will go high but kiper constantly says that mike williams is the best player in the draft...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby maddog60 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:55 am

All I know is that any analysis or prediction that uses Hoge is inherently flawed. This guy is worse than a random prediction generator would be, and easily the worst analyst in all of football.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Goatwhacker » Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:17 am

I don't care much for Mel Kiper, I think he's kind of a blowhard. I also don't think he's all that accurate, but after looking at some of these mock drafts in the media the past few weeks maybe he is the best out of a bad bunch. His faith in Mike Williams doesn't give me a lot of hope, let's put it that way.

What concerned me more was that there was a general agreement that Williams is only going to be a red-zone posession kind of guy, and not the impact WR many of us are expecting he will be. Even Kiper didn't argue too much with that. Maybe the ESPN panel is a bunch of idiots, but they certainly have more football experience than I do, so if you're a Williams fan like I am you have to take some notice of what they are saying. Certainly I have less confidence in Williams now than before I saw the show.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby kevinoc81 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:00 am

bagobonez wrote:If Dallas stole Mike Williams at #20 I would buy everyone at the cafe a beer in celebration. ;-D

(Those that are old enough of course. Ahem)

If Mike Williams were still there at #20 I'm sure the NFL would come up with some kind of conspiracy so the Cowboys couldn't take him. :-b ;-)

Just messing with you bagobonez!
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby cooleyhigh » Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:39 am

Goatwhacker wrote:Maybe the ESPN panel is a bunch of idiots, but they certainly have more football experience than I do, so if you're a Williams fan like I am you have to take some notice of what they are saying. Certainly I have less confidence in Williams now than before I saw the show.

My Mike Williams fluff piece :-) made up of quotes by those that had to defend and coach against him

Arizona State cornerback R.J. Oliver: "Not only would I pick Mike Williams over anyone else now, but I think he's the best wide receiver in college football in a long time."

Former UCLA defensive end Mat Ball: "Williams just diced us up. That dude is Terrell Owens."

Notre Dame defensive coordinator Kent Baer: "He's got deceptive speed. He's a long-strider and you don't realize he's faster than most receivers...The only thing that jumps out how to defend him is to try to keep two guys on him. But is there anything physically we can do? Not really."

http://usctrojans.collegesports.com/spo ... ike00.html

I love the ND guy. After giving up nearly 300 yards and 3 TD's to Williams in 2 games he just gives up. Can you stop him? Not really :-b

Bottom line to me is he is going to score TD's and that's primarily what I care about in FF.
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk