Finger Found in Wendy's Chili, **Update 2**... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Finger Found in Wendy's Chili, **Update 2**...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Finger Found in Wendy's Chili, **Update 2**...

Postby RayVins » Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:34 am

SAN FRANCISCO, California (AP) -- The woman who claimed she found a well-manicured finger in her bowl of Wendy's chili last month was arrested Thursday night in Las Vegas, police said.

Anna Ayala was taken into custody at her home, San Jose police spokesman Enrique Garcia said. He said police would not give any details until a news conference Friday afternoon. Las Vegas police also refused to comment.

The arrest is the latest twist in the bizarre case about how the 11/2-inch fingertip ended up in a bowl of fast-food chili.

Ayala told police she found the finger March 22 while eating at a Wendy's in San Jose. She said she intended to sue but relented, claiming the publicity was too emotionally taxing.

When police and health officials failed to find any missing digits among the workers involved in the restaurant's supply chain, suspicion fell on Ayala, whose story has become a late-night punch line.

Ayala has a litigious history. She has filed claims against several corporations, including a former employer and General Motors, though it is unclear from court records whether she received any money. She said she got $30,000 from El Pollo Loco after her 13-year-old daughter got sick at one of the chain's Las Vegas-area restaurants. El Pollo Loco officials say she did not get a dime.

Earlier Thursday, Ohio-based Wendy's International Inc. announced it had ended its internal investigation, saying it could find no credible link between the finger and the restaurant chain.

All the employees at the San Jose store were found to have all their fingers, and no suppliers reported any hand or finger injuries, the company said.

Sales have dropped at franchises in Northern California, forcing layoffs and reduced hours, the company said. Wendy's also has hired private investigators, set up a hot line for tips and offered a $100,000 reward for anyone who provides information leading to the finger's original owner.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/04/22/wendys.finger.ap/index.html

im glad she got arrested.

she made a living by suing places like this.

good to see taking advantage of the legal system can backfire sometimes...
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:04 am

Throw her butt in jail and let her rot...I'm tired of people suing other people for things, and bogus claims like this just give other people ideas. :-P
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mtryanks12 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:08 am

Does anyne remember the lady who sued MCDonalds and won after she was burnt because she put her coffee in between her legs as she was bending over?? I people like that, and these bogus people who just sue to make millions deserve to be locked up.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby DUKE » Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:13 am

I rarely eat fast food ever, but if I was in a big hurry and had to get it, I would usually get Wendy's chili, because it was less greasy and fatty than the burgers, fries, etc. I have to admit though, after hearing that story, I hadn't been back, and wouldn't have dared, just from the thought of it....I still don't know if I could get it without thinking of this story, even though it's looking as if it was a scam. :-D Glad she's arrested too.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:02 am

DUKE wrote:I rarely eat fast food ever, but if I was in a big hurry and had to get it, I would usually get Wendy's chili, because it was less greasy and fatty than the burgers, fries, etc. I have to admit though, after hearing that story, I hadn't been back, and wouldn't have dared, just from the thought of it....I still don't know if I could get it without thinking of this story, even though it's looking as if it was a scam. :-D Glad she's arrested too.

Actually, according to the one nurse my dad talked to when he was in the hospital, Wendy's food is probably some of the least greasy fast food there is. Jr. Bacon Cheeseburgers...yummy and only $1!!! ;-D

They have to be without tomatoes, though...the goopy juice ruins the taste. :-P
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Superman in Training » Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:08 am

I still don't think this one is over... when they find out where she got that finger she is really going to get it..

What a pathetic person! I already raged on my other post about how much this discusses me, so I will keep this one pretty short..

I hope she gets the most severe punishment allowable
:-P
Superman in Training
Head Coach
Head Coach

Web Supporter

Postby Sixxgunn » Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:19 pm

Superman in Training wrote:I still don't think this one is over... when they find out where she got that finger she is really going to get it..

What a pathetic person! I already raged on my other post about how much this discusses me, so I will keep this one pretty short..

I hope she gets the most severe punishment allowable
:-P

That's what I was wondering,just where in the hell did that finger tip come from??You gotta feel a little bit for the Wendy's company and it's employees...losing as much as they have over one lying beeyotch. :-P :-# I hope someone makes her eat her own fingertip in jail.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:28 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:That's what I was wondering,just where in the hell did that finger tip come from??You gotta feel a little bit for the Wendy's company and it's employees...losing as much as they have over one lying beeyotch. :-P :-# I hope someone makes her eat her own fingertip in jail.

it said in a previous one that they think the finger might have been taken off a dead relative. not too good 8-o ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:10 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:
Sixxgunn wrote:That's what I was wondering,just where in the hell did that finger tip come from??You gotta feel a little bit for the Wendy's company and it's employees...losing as much as they have over one lying beeyotch. :-P :-# I hope someone makes her eat her own fingertip in jail.

it said in a previous one that they think the finger might have been taken off a dead relative. not too good 8-o ;-D

They also thought it was from animal trainer at a local zoo that got a finger bitten off by a lion or tiger or something. :-P
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Nfl Fan » Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:43 pm

My daughter was soooo embarrassed yesterday...

We went to Wendy's and I asked, "Do you have any finger food?"

:-o :-o :-o
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Next

Return to General Talk