Vikings select Troy Williamson! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Minnesota Vikings

Vikings select Troy Williamson!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Vikings select Troy Williamson!

Postby Dirt Bag » Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:55 pm

I am actually somewhat suprised i thought we would pick Mike Williams but i actually think Troy was a better pick especially with his speed.
Dirt Bag
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Vikes_Fan2823 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 1:41 pm

Its certainly not a horrible pick, but we should have went with Mike Williams there, or even Derrick Johnson. I think if we wanted Troy Williamsom, we should have traded down(maybe with the Lions?), but the way the ESPN guys were talking about, I think he'll be a good fit.
16-team PPR Keeper League
QB: T. Romo, V. Young
RB: M. Turner, B. Wells, T. Hightower
WR: A. Johnson, J. Ford, N. Burleson, A. Roberts, J. Simpson
TE: D. Clark, J. Cook
K: R. Gould
D/ST: Cardinals
Vikes_Fan2823
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Do you know what your talking about?

Postby Ebzmoney » Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:32 am

Well number 1 we shoulda taken mike williams...we DO NOT need troy williamson we have kelly cambell a deffinate speed receiver we have travis taylor a speed receiver why not draft a guy who'd go between the hashes for us n get the tuff catch. Nate is gonna be are go to guy and i understand that robinson is are jumpball guy but for a team with 2 other speed burners after that we dont need his ass. James was a baddass pick
Ebzmoney
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Tiki » Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:22 pm

I think Troy fits perfectly to the offense. Daunte like guys who can jump high so he can just throw the long ball. Yeah Kelly Cambell is fast but he's short and he can't really jump. Plus who knows with him he does have some legal battles. Also, I think Marcus and Nate will be taking the short routes to the middle, Marcus is a big guy. Fast and can jump high is just what we need after losing Moss IMO. ;-D
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:34 pm

I'm in no way bummed about this pick. Troy's fast and maybe this means we'll dump Kelly now. I don't care for Campbell much, the guy never was that great, he's too short and now with the big off-field problems I'd rather be rid of him. If we dumped Moss, why keep a guy that doesn't have a fourth the talent around that has problems too?

But back to Troy, I currently go to the same high school Troy graduated from and got to see him play multiple times at USC as well. The guy ran a 4.3 40 at the combine, and has good hands, he was more sure-handed throughout college than Randy Moss in his early years, so I'm not too worried about his hands either. The guy had some of the best stats as a college WR this year in a Lou Holtz system without a decent QB. Dondrail Pinkins? gimme a break. Syvelle Newton was decent, but neither one had a clue how to throw the ball and with Lou as the HC they didn't get much of a chance to. Even having the connection I have to him, living in SC and going to his HS I still think we took him too high. I don't necessarily think Mike Williams would have been a better pick, personally I would have preferred go defense. In my mind we traded Moss for a WR that odds of about 100:1 won't be as good as Moss and a below average LB. I know the point of trading Moss was to get rid of him, but if they claim they want to make it a more run-oriented offense then why draft a WR with the same qualities as the one we just traded to get the pick? It doesn't make much sense to me. I'd have preferred to trade up from 18 or down from 7 to get Merriman or Derrick Johnson to fill our big OLB holes. What's a defense with a great secondary and line but no LBs?

I see the Troy pick as high risk/high reward. He'll either be great and surprise all with his speed and something Moss lacks, the ability to make something after the catch even with guys in front of you; or he'll sink into mediocrity and be our second or even third WR for years to come.

Overall, I'm happy with it, but I was really hoping to come out of the first round with a WR and a LB, even if it involved trading a later pick with our 18, or trading down from 7 and up from 18 both. Erasmus James should be good barring injuries but I can't stop worrying about or LBs.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Bennett4prez » Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:11 am

Rookies rarely make an impact, and I wouldn't want any rookie receiver to be my immediate number one. With that being said, I think Williamson will demand more attention from safeties on his coveted bomb runs to open up the running game we are reportedly transitioning into. I think Williamson will provide a bigger relief to our team than Mike Williams. Edwards, on the other hand, would have been golden. Nothing wrong with taking home the silver, though.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Tiki » Thu May 05, 2005 8:53 pm

ZIMM!
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Minnesota Vikings