Keepers and 1st draft choice

Postby Major Damage » Fri Aug 16, 2002 7:07 pm

Hello,

I have the following as keepers:
D. Culpepper
R. Moss
E. James
G. Hearst

I draft 4th, 12 teams in the draft. So I won't get to draft again for a while. What do I go after, RB, WR, QB? Here is what would be available in 4th slot.

The 3 people in front of me have the following to choose from:
Warner, Owens, Harrison, Faulk, Alexander, Boston, Garcia.

So, do I go RB because Hearst/James may not be that realiable? Should the strategy be RB no matter what, of if Owens/Harrison is available take them...

Darin
Major Damage

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Picks

Postby raider8081 » Fri Aug 16, 2002 7:17 pm

Without seeing the other rosters, I would have to assume the following:

--Faulk goes #1 - no matter what, if he doesn't, let me know how I get in this league :)

--Warner almost certainly goes #2 or #3 - so he won't be there for you either way

-- I would think that Alexander would go in the other spot.

You most likely will be left with your choice of receivers, so figure out now who makes most sense for you. Looking at your roster, you already have James, so I wouldn't go Harrison - don't want all your eggs in one basket. Owens is better in my book anyway, so I say take him... MOSS and OWENS on one team, not bad at all.
raider8081

Friendliness: %

Postby cwebb » Tue Aug 20, 2002 2:43 pm

I agree with Raider's assumptions concerning the draft, I wonder why those guys weren't kept in the first place, if one of the RBs is available, grab him!!

Both Harrison and Owens would be a great choice too, some guys like having more players from a single team others try to avoid that situation but I wouldn't let that mess with my mind too much!
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Naked Postman » Tue Aug 20, 2002 7:31 pm

Man, you're setting pretty. Figuring Faulk is definetly gone, I would take Owens if he's there. He's a stud! If he's not available, there's always the possibility of Warner or Garcia as trade bait.
Naked Postman
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby n_tremain23 » Tue Aug 20, 2002 9:00 pm

Well Faulk is definate to go first,although Warner was picked first in one of my drafts,but most likely Faulk will go #1.Following will be Warner most likely,if not then Alexander.#3 will be whoever wasn't picked #2 between Alexander and Warner.At #4 you probably are going to want to get a RB,if Ahman Green,or Priest Holmes aren't available,then go with a WR.Either Moss,Terrel Owens,or Marvin Harrison.If you pick a receiver then in your second round your going to want to pick up your RB.I'm sure Stephen Davis,Anthony Thomas,Eddie George,or Curtis Martin are available,grab one of them.That way you can possibly trade away one of your other RB's to a team in need of one.Then in the 3 and 4 rounds you can concentrate on finding some more quality WR's and maybe some other talented players.
n_tremain23

Return to Football Talk