Colts Kicker ? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Colts Kicker ?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Fri Aug 22, 2003 2:23 pm

lbjackal wrote:Being a Canadian, and living 30 mins from where he grew up, I'll back Vandy on this one. Peyton shouldn't have made those comments about him. "Too bad our idiot kicker had to open his mouth....idiot kicker blah blah blah....idiot kicker did this and that....etc" was the gist of it. I didn't know anybody was stupid enough to make fun of a player on his own team on international television (it was on here in canada too, as well as many other countries). Manning is a good player but it doesn't give him the right to do that...

That's just funny.At least you declare you're severe bias. I don't care if the K can kick a 70 yard FG, when he comes up and says 'it's me and you, we gotta win this week' to the QB, I would imagine the QB would either laugh in his face or have a look of utter confusion. No kicker should ever think he is even close to being the leader the QB is.

Vandy's comments can only be excused if they were utterred to a hot female reporter in a drunken effort to convince her he actually is an athelete and that she should sleep with him.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 22, 2003 3:53 pm

Moderaters, I think this post should be locked. A kicker should NEVER get this much attention.

Friendliness: %

Postby EatMyShorts092 » Fri Aug 22, 2003 9:21 pm

i have vanderjagt and am worried about him losing his job... who would be the guy to pick up if he doesnt start: possibilities still available r conway, morten anderson, rian lindell,joe nedney, paul edinger, phil dawson, john hall and matt stover. who would be the best of that bunch to pick up?
EatMyShorts092
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby moochman » Sat Aug 23, 2003 12:32 am

Anonymous wrote:Moderaters, I think this post should be locked. A kicker should NEVER get this much attention.

LOL Finally a voice of reason. ;-D

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby LBJackal » Sat Aug 23, 2003 12:50 am

Transmogrifier wrote:
That's so illogical, man. You make it clear that you're biased, for one. Second, you forget that Manning was responding to Vandy's comments in which he second guessed both his coach and QB.

Honestly, I didn't think people cared too much about this subject, I was just stating that I like Vandy cuz he's a Canadian, and that's why I backed him.

Yeah I know he shouldnt have said those things, he was just trying to liven up Canadian television and probably thought nobody more than the 17 viewers would see or care about it. But still, to blatently make fun of a player on your own team, during the ProBowl, in front of millions of viewers is pretty bad compared to a kicker saying he would like his teammates to show more enthusiasm in an interview on Canada's 3rd most popular sports network.
LBJackal
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby arrbez » Sat Aug 23, 2003 8:10 am

i live just beside the town he's from, but i really do still think he's a bit of a dumbass. just a very talented cocky dumbass. either way, i cant see him going without a job if he gets cut. somebodys gonna pick him up.
arrbez

Friendliness: %

Previous

Return to Football Talk