1st Post - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

1st Post

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby joester » Sat Sep 06, 2003 12:57 pm

Ive got a very nice collection of football cards and a few baseball cards here and there. Ive got like 20 jersey cards and liek 10 autos. A bunch of Ricky Williams rookie cards. My best card is a topps HD autgraphed Cal Ripken worth 500 bucks. Got it out of a 3 dola pack,.
joester
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

A Lil Collection

Postby jlarge_25 » Sat Sep 06, 2003 7:59 pm

I gotta collection of all 4 major sports but my best in football would be 3 albums filled with rookies from players like barry and aikman, to vick faulk and many many others. Got the most in baseball and basketball.
Representing them down south boys from central Florida!
jlarge_25
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Navyseal » Tue Nov 18, 2003 2:49 am

Graded vintage/rookies only. Some selections from my treasure trove...
PSA 9 Mint topps '66 Jim Palmer RC
PSA 8 Nm-mt topps '58 Mantle all-star
PSA 8 Nm-mt topps '76 Payton RC
PSA 7 Nr-mt bowman '52 Snider
PSA 9 Mint topps '68 B.Robinson all-star
PSA 7 Nr-mt topps '62 Musial...
to name a few

Anyone else collect graded/vintage singles?
Navyseal
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Arlo » Tue Nov 18, 2003 12:06 pm

Vintage yes, graded not really. Maybe it's short-sighted and unwise of me, but I'd rather pick up a new card than spend the money to have something graded...

Just a matter of taste, I guess. :-)
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Navyseal » Tue Nov 18, 2003 7:43 pm

The graded specimens aren't just part of a collection, they are also investments. Grading cards isn't especially expensive either, and once they are graded, they are safe from air/water/damage, and easily appreciated from the confines of a sonically sealed lucite slab. Achieving a high grade on even some of the newer issues can double, triple, even quadruple the cards' raw book value.
For example, the last card I had graded was a 1983 Donruss Tony Gwynn rookie I pulled from a pack. I payed $10.00 for 3 packs at a local hobby shop that stocks vintage packs. The card looked absolutely flawless in every way. Perfect centering, wear-free edges and corners... PSA thought so too. They gave it a gem mint "10" grade.
Ungraded the card books for like $25.00. PSA 10? Somewhere north of about a hundred bucks, and they have come DOWN in value.
That's what is so great about collecting. There are a zillion reasons and ways to collect; I collect quality cards of players I like. What are some of the highlights of your collection OB1?
Navyseal
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Shatner8 » Fri Nov 28, 2003 4:58 pm

Got a Shaun Alexander Auto the other day. Also got one from him in the mail. He seems like a really nice guy. He signed the card personally to me and he added another card with it.
Shatner8
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Go Vikes » Sat Nov 29, 2003 10:19 am

I got an Onterrio Smith 2003 topps chrome gold refractor RCnumbered out of 101. I also got an Edge and Bennett of the same kind.n Not RC's though
Go Vikes
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Purple_Pride » Sat Nov 29, 2003 11:03 am

Canadian Seahawk wrote:I've got my share of baseball cards (all late 80's early 90s), but my thing is hockey cards, hey I look where I am from. anyother hockey card nuts???

dude me too!!! i have boxes and boxes and binders and binders full of cards. mainly from like 88-89 to 93-94. with a few old ones i bought along the way, patrick roy rookie, paul coffe RK, messier RK and a few others. my prized card is a Ken Dryden Rookie my Dad gave me one year.
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Go Vikes » Sat Nov 29, 2003 10:23 pm

I got 3 new packs of chrome football 2003 today. My best were a brad banks rookie, Corey dillon black refractor, and a priest holmes record breaker.
Go Vikes
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby joester » Mon Dec 01, 2003 10:20 pm

I got lots of edge's RC..............and bunch of his jerseys and auto's too. He isnt my fave player but i loved colecting him bakc in 1999 and 200 when his cards were sky high.
joester
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk