New Defense - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cincinnati Bengals

New Defense

Moderator: Football Moderators

New Defense

Postby pdub » Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:51 pm

i was looking at our roster today and was wondering how things will look for 2005.

Do you think we'll run 4 lb's with pollack, thurman, johnson, and simmons behind a 3 man rotation, or go 3 lb's with either johnson or thurman on the bench, or rotate between a 4-3 and 3-4 with pollack getting his share of time at DE?

or do i just have too much time on my hands...?
pdub
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby DUKE » Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:15 am

Good question. I think we will see a lot of rotation and substitutions, keeping in fresh bodies (especially on the Dline). Pollack will probably play a lot of linebacker, but also be used for rushing the passer in situations. With our added depth at linebacker, I wouldn't be suprised to see some looks at the 34 defense, though I doubt we will change to the 34 defense exclusively. I've also heard talk of the defense switching its allignments before the snap to try and throw off opposing offenses. It's definitely going to be very interesting how they utilize their weapons. One thing that seems pretty clear, is that Hardy won't be in the starting lineup, and probably won't be on the team under his current contract.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Cincinnati Bengals