He's ALIVE! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

He's ALIVE!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Azrael » Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:16 pm

J2thez929 wrote:
RIP Tupac Amaru Shakur Sept. 13, 1996

Wow, I never realized the guy only had A's and U's in his name for vowels.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Canacuna » Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:08 pm

A few years ago, there was an article on CNN.com about Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake dying in a car-crash... I guess that was from some sort of hacker. Probably the same dealio this time around.

...wouldn't mind getting some new music from Tupac, though.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby IRON CHEF » Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:18 pm

Canacuna wrote:A few years ago, there was an article on CNN.com about Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake dying in a car-crash... I guess that was from some sort of hacker. Probably the same dealio this time around.

I'm not sure if this was intended to be a joke, but every year he continues to come out with more music despite his death. About whether Pac still lives, well, this has been going on for the past 10 years.

About fake reports, do you guys remember when the article about Portis getting injured came out??? Everyone here was in a panic, I picked up Rock Cartwright in a deep league. :-b

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:23 pm

IRON CHEF wrote:
Canacuna wrote:A few years ago, there was an article on CNN.com about Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake dying in a car-crash... I guess that was from some sort of hacker. Probably the same dealio this time around.

I'm not sure if this was intended to be a joke, but every year he continues to come out with more music despite his death. About whether Pac still lives, well, this has been going on for the past 10 years.

About fake reports, do you guys remember when the article about Portis getting injured came out??? Everyone here was in a panic, I picked up Rock Cartwright in a deep league. :-b

Yeah, that was a busy day here. :-o

Tupac is pumping gas with Elvis in California...they have their own franchise and everything - it's called Hoaxaco.

Everybody knows that. ;-)
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:49 pm

when this first happened theer were rumors he faked his death and was going to stay hidden in some foriegn place like mexico for 7 years until he was pronounced officially dead (something about taxes :-? ...can anyone clear this thing up for me?) i bought into at first...since he put out like 3 movies and 10cds after his death...but i dont believe it anymore. too bad..he was a talented artist.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RayVins » Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:00 pm

here is a link to some info on him... it goes a little into detail about the number 7 that kept coming up:
http://rap.about.com/library/weekly/aatupacconspiracytheories090902.htm

i feel 2pac was very overrated as to his musical talent due to his abrupt and untimely "death"...

not to take anything away from him but he was by far not the deepest or most talented rapper of his time or any other...

for as many songs he had about his plight or about god, there were an equal amount about killing people, drugs, and women...

i am a rap fan and i recognize that the drugs and violence are what rap is about but people that say he was the greatest rapper who ever lived and that his death was the greatest tragedy for mankind since... jesus, are flat out wrong...

the east-west rivalry that formed mainly between him and biggie was the product of overactive imaginations in the record producing business. this "rivalry" that supposedly lead to his death was made up and the sucess of his rap songs were so much higher after his death which caused him to be one of the most overhyped rappers in history...

granted he was a fighter who came back from being shot and stabbed multiple times as well in growing up in one of the hardest placed in America. but to say he was a martyr is foolish...
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Canacuna » Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:10 pm

IRON CHEF wrote:

Boy do I feel like a dumbass - mental lapse on my part. Hell, I've got one of his posthumous CDs on my computer. I hate being stupid...

!+)
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby CC » Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:26 pm

I'm kinda getting sick of all this new Tupac music. I am a pretty hardcore rap fan, its just about all I listen to, and I agree that Pac is overrated. He has skills, and tons of great songs, but his product is diluted b/c he has so much music out there.

Biggie Smalls is the illest.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby JayM09 » Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:29 pm

ive seen a video online thats supposed to be him out and about in mexico. at first glance it looks like him but after you look real closely its not him.

i would post the link here, but the vid has a few profanity words in it.

if anyone wants the link, pm me.
[b]cafe leagues
nkl 9-6 #3 seed, runner-up
budbowl 10-5 #3 seed. 3rd place
vxl 11-4 #1 seed, runner-up
gbffl 10-5 #2 seed, lost semis
cafe champs 12-4 #1 seed, runner-up[/b]
JayM09
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Vikes Rule 88 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:05 am

Actually, I dont think it was ever on CNN itself... I saw this a while back but people just copied the CNN layout and put up a story...

http://www.cnnonline.co.nr/tupac.htm

need a sig? PM me
Vikes Rule 88 Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk