Television Question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Television Question

Moderator: Football Moderators

Television Question

Postby mutantseabass » Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:03 am

I want to purchase a new televison set for my mom. Over the past month she has been coming over and helping out around the house due to my accident. She was telling me the other day that the television in her bedroom was broken, now knowing my mom i thought i would go and take a look at it. Ya never know she may have just had the tv off channel 3, shes not the hippest person when it comes to that dam fangled modern technology! I mean i thank god for the DVD player, VCRs were out for years and she never got the hang of the recording anything! So enough rambling and on to my question. Do they still make television sets that have a headphone jack on them? I went online to Best Buy and Circuit City and none of the descrptions say anything about a jack. I really havent felt all too much like shopping, so any help would be appreciated.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:47 am

i dont recall seeing bigger tvs with headphone jacks in them...only the smaller ones...mostly portable.

i can definitely sympathize on the mom being clueless to technology thing...i had to drive and hour to hook up a dvd player (rca cables and a power plug) recently since she had no idea how to do it.

sorry i couldnt be of more help bro :-/
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:50 am

Just to add im lookin for a TV between 27 and 30 inches. Its just for her bedroom.

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Television Question

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:24 pm

mutantseabass wrote:I want to purchase a new televison set for my mom. Over the past month she has been coming over and helping out around the house due to my accident. She was telling me the other day that the television in her bedroom was broken, now knowing my mom i thought i would go and take a look at it. Ya never know she may have just had the tv off channel 3, shes not the hippest person when it comes to that dam fangled modern technology! I mean i thank god for the DVD player, VCRs were out for years and she never got the hang of the recording anything! So enough rambling and on to my question. Do they still make television sets that have a headphone jack on them? I went online to Best Buy and Circuit City and none of the descrptions say anything about a jack. I really havent felt all too much like shopping, so any help would be appreciated.

Not that I know of, BUT, check this out....

http://www.seniorshops.com/arkon.html

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:40 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:I want to purchase a new televison set for my mom. Over the past month she has been coming over and helping out around the house due to my accident. She was telling me the other day that the television in her bedroom was broken, now knowing my mom i thought i would go and take a look at it. Ya never know she may have just had the tv off channel 3, shes not the hippest person when it comes to that dam fangled modern technology! I mean i thank god for the DVD player, VCRs were out for years and she never got the hang of the recording anything! So enough rambling and on to my question. Do they still make television sets that have a headphone jack on them? I went online to Best Buy and Circuit City and none of the descrptions say anything about a jack. I really havent felt all too much like shopping, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Plindsey but i believe that you would still need a headphone jack on the set itself for the headphones to work. If i can find a tv with a heaphone jack i will definitely pick a set of these up for her. ;-D

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:53 pm

mutantseabass wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:

Thanks Plindsey but i believe that you would still need a headphone jack on the set itself for the headphones to work. If i can find a tv with a heaphone jack i will definitely pick a set of these up for her. ;-D

I don't think it requires a headphones jack... Send them an e-mail and see....

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:56 pm

ive seen these before...im 99% sure that they run on the audio RCA outputs out of the tv, vcr, or dvd.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:20 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:ive seen these before...im 99% sure that they run on the audio RCA outputs out of the tv, vcr, or dvd.

That's what I thought, too....

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby mutantseabass » Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:27 pm

;-D

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby mutantseabass » Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:51 pm

Bingo i emailed them and they said that it would work with audio out! Sweet!! Thanks alot Plindsey i really appreicate the heads up! ;-D

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Next

Return to General Talk