Thoughts on Keyshawn making a contribution - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Thoughts on Keyshawn making a contribution

Moderator: Football Moderators

Thoughts on Keyshawn making a contribution

Postby dihall » Tue Sep 24, 2002 2:01 pm

I am wondering what some of you are thinking about the chances of Keyshawn picking up the pace a little bit this year. I benched him this past week in favor of Donald Driver of GB. I think it was a good decision. I got better numbers from him than Keyshawn. I just wonder if you all feel like he could be more productive. I don't want to play second team players with my top WR choice sitting. :-o Your feelings on his future are appreciated! Thanks all! ;-D
dihall
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby kashikis » Tue Sep 24, 2002 2:20 pm

hell start to get more touches as the year goes on. gruden already said that he was going to try and get KJ more involved in the offensive scheme id expect him to have a breakout game soon because the offensive line is starting to gel better than it was early in the season
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Helm » Tue Sep 24, 2002 4:34 pm

I agree.... Or I really hope so... Keyshawn has been a big disappointment for me so far. Gruden sure as heck didn't look like he was interested in sending passes either to Keyshawn or Keenan on MNF. The entire second half was used for the running game. And poor Keyshawn was on the sidelines when when they were in the red zone after he busted his hump to get to the poorly thrown ball that Brad Johnson threw the play before. Anyways I am considering starting him against the Bengals this week. This may be his break out game

H
Helm

Friendliness: %

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 24, 2002 4:46 pm

Gruden will work him in if for no other reason than he doesn't want Keyshawn messin up the chemistry of the team. If you watched the game you most likely saw Keyshawn on the sidelines in Gruden's face and he will not want that on a weekly basis.

Postby Guttpuppy » Tue Sep 24, 2002 7:05 pm

I too have Keyshawn on 1 of my teams.Why oh why won't they just get him the damn ball?I gotta start him this week too as Marvin's got a bye.Hopefully Akili & the Bungles contend this week so Keysh will stay involved.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 25, 2002 3:19 am

Sometimes you have to stay with your hot hand and let the big name sit. Driver seems to be a better choice this week as well. Keyshawn is extremely overated.
Green Bays recent running problems will allow Favre to put it in the air more, as he did vs. Detroit.
Keyshawn will be involved early and we all know that is true. But, the game against Cincy will belong to Pittman and Alstott. The Bengals cant move the ball 5 feet. That means that the Bucs will seal this game up early.
If Keyshawn is going to get NUMBERS, they are going to be got in the first half. Bus 45 Bungholios 6.

Postby SiouxCitySavages » Wed Sep 25, 2002 3:20 am

the above response was mine.
SiouxCitySavages
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dihall » Wed Sep 25, 2002 7:55 am

Thanks for all of your responses! I have to wonder though if Gruden will allow Keyshawn to get away with that sideline tongue lashing without some sort of consequences. The ball already hasn't been coming to him, what will happen now. %-6 Do I sit him on the bench in favor of Driver? I can see putting points on the board early, but if it is a blowout I can't see it continuing. My other receivers are D. Jackson, C. Chambers, S. Sharpe and J. Reed. Most of my opponents starters are off this week. She is left with Gonzales, Toomer and D. White. I also have Farve. Thanks for all of your advice! ;-D
dihall
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Football Talk